Map of ship decks

cadamson

You can find them at the guest service desk counter and usually some one is passing them out. Also by each elevator is a map of the decks and a spot marked you are here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Cruzlover7

Thank you. My first cruise and I want to make sure I could find my way around. From all the reading, I have a feeling we will spend a lot of time on the lido and promenade decks, but it's nice to have an idea of where things are located.

Thank you. My first cruise and I want to make sure I could find my way around. From all the reading, I have a feeling we will spend a lot of time on the lido and promenade decks, but it's nice to have an idea of where things are located.

I thought I would spend the entire week lost, but you would be surprised on how quickly you learn where everything is. We kept a map in our room, but never used it. Have a GREAT time!!

Do you know if carnival gives you a map of the decks on the ship when you checkin/board? Or do I need to find a way to print myself?

We have always received pocket-sized tri-fold deck plans when we checked in. We carry it with us for the first few days until we've acclimated ourselves.

There are maps on the walls at every elevator bank should you get turned around. (No...that's NEVER happened to us...:o)

There is also an app called Ship Mate that contains deck maps of each ship.

Came here to say exactly this. Use Ship Mate on every cruise because fishing that little paper map out of the bottom of my bag gets old really quick!

I should have also stated that the Carnival Hub App that is currently being tested on the Breeze also contains deck maps.

Really hoping they roll this out to the entire fleet quickly! Wish they had a listing of the roll-out dates for all ships. Having the deck plan/other features at your fingertips will be super helpful.

I'd like to suggest something that I do on each and every cruise on the very first day (even if I've been on the ship before). Take a walk from the very top deck, all the way down and from front to back, and you will find all sorts of treasures. "Secret" forward decks by cabins that look like they are for crew only (on a Celebrity cruise to Alaska we even found "secret" decks at the rear that NO ONE seemed to know about); "secret" top decks that may hold a few deck lounge chairs; the steam rooms and saunas (that's right, they're probably there...somewhere in the gym/spa area - you can ask and not look foolish because EVERYONE wants to talk about the cool spots we've located...I have one on Splendor, which is right above the mini golf, and has a narrow ledge to sit on, and cantilevered windows (part of the gym) - at night, sitting there and reclining (leaning on the windows) to watch the stars is surreal...we must've seen a dozen shooting stars during our week-long cruise).

Just know those "secret" decks at the front of the ship have cabins with windows connected, so try to be quiet up there (courtesy) and PLEASE know that every door is HEAVY (including your stateroom door, and the door to your balcony if you have one) and will SLAM shut - LOUDLY! :eek: Again, courtesy for your neighbors is key (those SLAMMING doors are a pet peeve of mine...come on folks, after day one there's zero reason for a door to SLAM shut!) :confused:

Enjoy your trip and come back after and let us know how it went!

I'd like to suggest something that I do on each and every cruise on the very first day (even if I've been on the ship before). Take a walk from the very top deck, all the way down and from front to back, and you will find all sorts of treasures. "Secret" forward decks by cabins that look like they are for crew only (on a Celebrity cruise to Alaska we even found "secret" decks at the rear that NO ONE seemed to know about); "secret" top decks that may hold a few deck lounge chairs; the steam rooms and saunas (that's right, they're probably there...somewhere in the gym/spa area - you can ask and not look foolish because EVERYONE wants to talk about the cool spots we've located...I have one on Splendor, which is right above the mini golf, and has a narrow ledge to sit on, and cantilevered windows (part of the gym) - at night, sitting there and reclining (leaning on the windows) to watch the stars is surreal...we must've seen a dozen shooting stars during our week-long cruise).

Just know those "secret" decks at the front of the ship have cabins with windows connected, so try to be quiet up there (courtesy) and PLEASE know that every door is HEAVY (including your stateroom door, and the door to your balcony if you have one) and will SLAM shut - LOUDLY! :eek: Again, courtesy for your neighbors is key (those SLAMMING doors are a pet peeve of mine...come on folks, after day one there's zero reason for a door to SLAM shut!) :confused:

Enjoy your trip and come back after and let us know how it went!

Thank you for the wonderful advice! We bought FTTF after reading about it here on CC, and this should give us the opportunity to follow this suggestion. [emoji16]. It has been so exciting planning this cruise (because let's face it..,this is a TRUE vacation for us women). This will be the first vacation I don't have to cook or clean! I've already started looking at other cruises to plan if we enjoy ourselves as much as I think we will.