What beach did Royston take you to?

Marycruiser123

I thought when we went it was South Friars. Whichever one it was, it was basically deserted, though you could walk about a half mile down the beach to a beach club. We just stayed with Royston, ate, and enjoyed the afternoon. He had chairs, umbrellas, snorkeling equipment, etc., in the back of his van (it was little like watching Mary Poppins pulling item after item out of her valise--you wondered how it all had fit in there!).

If the choice of beach is very important to you, I would suggest asking via e-mail when you book with him, although on the day any particular beach could not be the best choice due to weather, events, etc., and you may have to take a second choice.

In any case, Royston's tour was amazing, even if it did get a little long before we got our snack lunch and beach time. He is so excited about showing you the island, he wants you to see the WHOLE island!

He took us to South Friars where we ate our lunch. When I said I wanted to swim he said I couldn't there as the reef is very close to the shore. He then drove us up the beach to Carambola beach club. He told us as long as we didn't use their chairs we didn't have to pay anything.

Snorkeling was very so-so till I headed back along the coast to where the reef was when we had lunch. There is was pretty interesting.

We very much enjoyed our tour with Royston but felt the beach time was too short and not very relaxing without chairs. He even admitted that he doesn't really like the water or swimming so sometimes he gets to the beach late.

We just used Royston's while on the Quantum of the Seas during the last week of January 2015.

Here is my review that I just posted to Trip Advisor.

We booked a private tour for 11 with Royston’s Tours. Our driver was Ashton, Royston’s cousin. We remained on ship time for the entire cruise. Royston and Ashton set up the tour time for island time but they were waiting for us when we got off the ship. Ashton has a nice large van with air conditioning. Our first stop was at the Romney Manor and the Caribelle Batik. Then we went to the Brimstone Hill Fortress National Park (there is a $10 fee). Ashton paid for all of us to enter the fort. We then stopped to see the Black Rocks formed by the lava. While we were driving from place to place, Ashton gave us the history of the island and showed us some amazing sights. While we were close to the rainforest, we did experience some liquid sunshine. Ashton stopped at a stand to pick up our lunch. He drove us to an area with a picnic bench on the beach to enjoy the BBQ chicken, garlic bread and some type of donut. The food was delicious. After lunch, he drove us to South Friars Beach. The beach had restrooms and changing rooms. We stayed at the beach for 1.5 hours. Ashton came back to get us and returned us to the ship. We paid for the excursion at the end. It was $45 and that included the fee to the fort, lunch, and drinks for the entire day (water, beer, and soda (the famous Tinq and other flavors). Such a great value for a wonderful day in paradise.