Trying to understand Tampa Port parking. I don't want to shuttle.

In Port Canaveral we always park at the port and pre pay the $15 per day to be be able to be so close and not have to take a shuttle. We are going to be sailing out of Tampa for the first time and I see the Tampa port also has parking for $15 a day. I don't know where the cruise terminal is in proximity to the parking. Any information on parking here would be great! Thanks!:D

It's a bit further than at PC . You cross the street and walk thru a small park, then there is the Florida Aquarium and the ship.

Never have done valet parking. I guess that is more convenient except I don't know how long you have to wait for them to retrieve your car. If you want to minimize any walking valet would be the way to go.

Edited by molly361

you can drop off stuff/folks then park ... no problem. Distance of the walk varies by which terminal but nothing excessive. Just that there is only 1 garage rather than a garage for each terminal like you see in PC or POM. Same garage serves the shopping area and the aquarium and offices in the area. IME cruise use was reserved on the top few floors. When last I parked there, I don't think the floor I parked on was 20% full

http://www.tampaport.com/about-port-tampa-bay/parking-information.aspx

Okay, so looking at Google, I can't for the life of me figure out where the entrance to the parking garage is. I see you turn where the circle is and there's a sign in the garage showing right, but from there I can't tell where you go. There is no entrance underneath near the sign and if you turn right on that road, I don't see an entrance there either. Can someone help? It's just not very clear.

Is the entrance on the port side of the garage?

Edited by BND

the garage actually has multiple entrances (I've used the garage for not cruise parking), but there is one entrance with a BIG SIGN that says CRUISE PARKING and this takes you to the cruise payment booth and then points you to levels reserved for cruise parking. There are signs on the road pointing you in the right direction. The signs are not out on 'no cruise' days, I don't see what I remember on Google Earth street views .... all depends on when they took the pictures!

It is really easy ... don't sweat it.

Edited by Capt_BJ

the garage actually has multiple entrances (I've used the garage for not cruise parking), but there is one entrance with a BIG SIGN that says CRUISE PARKING and this takes you to the cruise payment booth and then points you to levels reserved for cruise parking. There are signs on the road pointing you in the right direction. The signs are not out on 'no cruise' days, I don't see what I remember on Google Earth street views .... all depends on when they took the pictures!

It is really easy ... don't sweat it.

Thanks. I just like to know where we're going. I'm a planner. We'll be in Tampa the day before and plan to take the streetcar down to Channelside for the afternoon so we can look around then.