Canyon Ranch Spa - Celebrity Summit

sheff29

We are looking into booking a couples massage on our cruise in April. We're on the Summit's seven day southern Caribbean very port intensive itinerary. We are ok with having our spa service during a cruise port day (St Maarten) - 1. we've seen much of the island on previous visits. 2. to be honest, after several full-day tours in a row (and hopefully some late nite fun!), we will look forward to a little down time onboard. 3. We have onboard credit to use.

We are in Concierge class, not Aqua class, so even though we are booking a service in the spa, we were told that the Persian Garden is $25pp additional. The spa service entitles you to use lockers and dry sauna only. The 50 min two by two massage is $210 (discounted from $252). I got the impression from the woman I spoke to on the phone that there may be other or better promotions once you board the ship.

Does anyone have experience with Canyon Ranch promotions/discounts, and is it worth the extra $25pp for the Persian Garden (steam room, salt water pool, etc). Thanks for any advice or tips.

In my opinion, it is definitely NOT worth that amount of money for the spa on M class ships (which this one is). You get the thalassotherapy pool for free (and it's wonderful!!). All you would be paying for is the sauna, steam room area which is honestly not all that spectacular in my opinion. You can ask to see the area yourself before making a decision about paying.

I specifically asked about the thalassotherapy pool, they said it was not included with the service, would have to pay separately. I will need to clarify this because like you stated, I may have read that others have used this pool without being part of the paid Persian Pass.

I would wait until you get on board. Take a tour of the spa and Persain Garden when you get on board the first day.

If you are going to do a spa day while the ship is in port, they usually have a special for port days.

We did that once, and felt like there was no one on board in the pool areas and spa, very relaxing. We were on a M class ship, Constellation.The sauna for women is in the locker room, no charge. It is very nice with a big porthole window, unlike the Persain Garden which is without any windows. Two of PG special showers did not work and the fountain in the center of the tiled heated loungers was empty of water.

Just to clarify, the T pool is free to everyone. In December we were granted access to spa area with every treatment purchased. I am sure there could be changes however I would be suprised, especially since so Many people were sneaking into the area. If you do not need a locker, passengers told me, they just walked into area.

The area was in good shape and has many sauna options. There are not private ceramic loungers like on s class but they do have more sauna options.

I wish you a great relaxing cruise.