Last Minute Switch??

morriscats

I need help. We are booked on Infinity to Hawaii, #7171 with a slightly larger balcony. I have noticed that 3 FV's have opened up - #7202 corner and 2 others on Panorama deck but not corner. Am I crazy to want to switch (much higher price but can swing it). Are the ones not corner rooms nice too - it seems they look toward the back only. Please answer - I need to call in the morning.

I need help. We are booked on Infinity to Hawaii, #7171 with a slightly larger balcony. I have noticed that 3 FV's have opened up - #7202 corner and 2 others on Panorama deck but not corner. Am I crazy to want to switch (much higher price but can swing it). Are the ones not corner rooms nice too - it seems they look toward the back only. Please answer - I need to call in the morning.

I've got 7171,7173 and 7175 booked for clients on Infinity 12-04-2005. I'd say that 7171 is the best of the 3. They all have larger balconies, 7171 being the smaller of the 3, but you are able to sit on your balcony and actually see forward. I'd keep 7171 if I were you.;)

Reggie:D

If you can swing 7202 JUMP on it!!! :D

We have had 3 corner FV's and they are the best cabins we have ever had! :p We are booked in the one directly above 7202 (#8166) for our Hawaii cruise next month--a cabin we grabbed within 2 hours of that itinerary becoming available! It is our favorite cabin of any we have had on an M class ship.

The corner balcony is the best, since it gives you views both forward, side and back. The corner cabin is also slightly larger than the FV next to it that only faces aft. Here is a link that will give you a visual of the details of that cabin. Photo Gallery cabin 8166 We did not take these pictures, but David has done a wonderful job of even measuring the size of the closets and drawers as well as many other details that inquireing minds want to know about! :)

Let us know if you decide to switch!

Hi Char! Hi Reggie!

The only thing I will add here is the inside (non-corner) FV's have plexiglass railings, you cannot sit on the corner FV balconies & look out the back through the solid steel railings. You CAN see out the side as the railings are not totally solid on the whole side.

We have had both & if you enjoy sitting & gazing at the ships wake, then go for the non-corner FV, if that is not a issue for you, then by all means go for the corner, you DO get more of a panorama view down the side of the ship from them!!!

Either way, I'd take an FV at ANY opportunity!!!! :D :D :D

Is the room next to the corner (both FV's) the same interior layout? We have 8166 on our Hawaii cruise, and then on our transatlantic on the Connie, we were only able to get an FV next to the corner, (7201). I am happy that at least I got that room. It is mostly the interior space of the room that I am concerned with. Are they the same?

Grace

Hi Grace.

The inside FV's are almost the same, we had 7201 on Summit (I have pix if you're interested). The main differences are 1 less closet door but the addition of a rather large glass doored corner cabinet with tons of storage shelves and a shorter main dresser by only a couple of feet at most! When we were in this FV, our friends had a corner one & we really couldn't tell any other differences except for the obvious outer hall which really served no purpose they said & the larger balcony.

JNLRose: thanks for the info. I am a happy cruiser now. One other question: for dining out on the balcony on the large round table would a tablecloth be provided? We will be doing a balcony dining arrangment while the ship is docked in Oahu, and I want this occasion to be special. I will bring my own tablecloth if I need to! (lol).

Grace

Thanks for all your imput - we did switch to 7202 - for a bunch more money but I think this will be our only cruise to Hawaii and this will make it so nice.

Karen

Congratulations Karen :D

I know you will LOVE having that cabin. Too bad the FV's don't have the ConciergeClass perks, but I'd rather have the space and views than a few extra amenities. Here is a picture of the stern balconies. Your's is the bottom white "bathtub" on the right (starboard) side. :p

7587.jpg

Archived