No Shareholder Credit?

Grannycb

Sorry if this has been covered. I don't read here daily and didn't find much in a search. We booked two cruises during a BOGOHO sale in June. Both cruises were denied shareholder credit. This is the first time any cruise we've submitted has been denied. Is this new?

Sorry if this has been covered. I don't read here daily and didn't find much in a search. We booked two cruises during a BOGOHO sale in June. Both cruises were denied shareholder credit. This is the first time any cruise we've submitted has been denied. Is this new?

Shaeholder benefit OBC has had restrictions on combining with just about anything else since 2009.

You can not combine Shareholder OBC with any C&A benefit/certain pricing promotions. This has been in place since December 31, 2008.

Here is the link that will explain it all http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=103045&p=irol-shareholderbenefit

shouldn't be denied unless you got a balcony discount

I booked two cruises with BOGOHO that included a $100 shipboard credit. The Shareholder Benefit on the cruises would be $200. RCCL said I could not combine the two credits. Had my TA remove the $100 credit and then requested the Shareholder Benefit again and it was immediately approved for the $200.

I just looked at 12 RCI cruises - mostly TransAtlantic and Med cruises. EVERY price advertised included some discount or OBC. There may be cruises out there with a "clean" price that allows using Shareholder OBC (or C&A Balcony discount or On-Board-Booking OBC) but I wasn't finding them. In some cases the discount was smaller than Shareholder OBC, but in most cases it was larger. My conclusion is that RCI has decided to make the Shareholder OBC worthless (or not worth much), since the advertised prices (which they only inform you are discounted when you are most of the way through booking:mad:) cannot be combined. There are still some good prices out there, but now little to no benefit for being a repeat customer or a shareholder.

Thom