Turning Diamond question

whitshel

My wife and I decided to book a cruise kinda last minute (March 29th) on the Navigator. During the cruise we will turn Diamond,yay!!

2 questions, we have a cruise book for Jan 2016 on Oasis, will we be able to call our t/a and get the diamond balcony discount applied to our rooms without the rooms being repriced? (Already have the emerald discount applied) we only paid $865pp (before emerald discount) for d6 now it's like $1100pp and $742pp for a B1.

Second question, our daughters are also emerald, 17yo and 19yo I assume the 17yo will turn diamond even tho they aren't going with us in March but what about the 19yo? Do they still follow our status stays as long as they are at home?

If not she will be one unhappy camper if she is the only member of our family that's not Diamond [emoji4]

... we have a cruise book for Jan 2016 on Oasis, will we be able to call our t/a and get the diamond balcony discount applied to our rooms without the rooms being repriced? ...

The staterooms will be re-priced if you want the higher balcony discount.

• 3 weeks later...

I thought I'd post this in here since it is related to "turning diamond".

We are currently Emerald and just 3 points away from turning Diamond... We're booked on the Freedom in August so we'll be turning Diamond on that cruise. When we turned Emerald a couple of years ago it was during a cruise and we received the Emerald benefits during our cruise...we received our pins in our state rooms and got whatever coupons there were at the time (I don't remember...loosing brain cells quickly...turning 50 this year...sad..I know..)

So, I was wondering since we'll be turning Diamond during this cruise, does this meant we'll get the Diamond benefits during this cruise? Has anyone experienced this? Just curious... Been reading about the Diamond lounge, etc.. Sounds kind of cool. We actually weren't planning on taking another cruise this year but my parents wanted to take a trip and a cruise is the easiest thing for us to do with them so...

Thanks for the info!

Patty

I thought I'd post this in here since it is related to "turning diamond".

We are currently Emerald and just 3 points away from turning Diamond... We're booked on the Freedom in August so we'll be turning Diamond on that cruise. When we turned Emerald a couple of years ago it was during a cruise and we received the Emerald benefits during our cruise...we received our pins in our state rooms and got whatever coupons there were at the time (I don't remember...loosing brain cells quickly...turning 50 this year...sad..I know..)

So, I was wondering since we'll be turning Diamond during this cruise, does this meant we'll get the Diamond benefits during this cruise? Has anyone experienced this? Just curious... Been reading about the Diamond lounge, etc.. Sounds kind of cool. We actually weren't planning on taking another cruise this year but my parents wanted to take a trip and a cruise is the easiest thing for us to do with them so...

Thanks for the info!

Patty

You don't really earn the points until you complete the cruise. However, it is up to the Loyalty Ambassador onboard if you will get Diamond benefits. Speak with them about your upcoming change of level, but don't be surprised if they decline to make any changes.

My wife and I decided to book a cruise kinda last minute (March 29th) on the Navigator. During the cruise we will turn Diamond,yay!!

2 questions, we have a cruise book for Jan 2016 on Oasis, will we be able to call our t/a and get the diamond balcony discount applied to our rooms without the rooms being repriced? (Already have the emerald discount applied) we only paid $865pp (before emerald discount) for d6 now it's like $1100pp and $742pp for a B1.

Second question, our daughters are also emerald, 17yo and 19yo I assume the 17yo will turn diamond even tho they aren't going with us in March but what about the 19yo? Do they still follow our status stays as long as they are at home?

If not she will be one unhappy camper if she is the only member of our family that's not Diamond [emoji4]

Just to add that I believe that your 17YO will have to complete 1 cruise with you when you are Diamond for her to retain that status. If she turns 18 without sailing she will remain Emerald.

The staterooms will be re-priced if you want the higher balcony discount.

That may be a new policy, I booked a cruise onboard and that cruise made me Emerald, when I got back and confirmed my status, I was given the additional discount. Perhaps the price hadn't changed?

That may be a new policy, I booked a cruise onboard and that cruise made me Emerald, when I got back and confirmed my status, I was given the additional discount. Perhaps the price hadn't changed?

It is a relatively new policy to re-price the booking for basically any reason they can think of. I've avoided even sneezing when looking at my booking for fear of what might happen to the price.:rolleyes:

You don't really earn the points until you complete the cruise. However, it is up to the Loyalty Ambassador onboard if you will get Diamond benefits. Speak with them about your upcoming change of level, but don't be surprised if they decline to make any changes.

Is this someone that is on board that I would ask for? It can't hurt to ask right?! :)

I guess my daughter is lucky in that her status is actually earned... she doesn't have to worry about it when she turns 18...she earned those diamond points ... Though I think she'll have to get to Diamond+ on her own though :D Not that we'll stop bringing her on cruises...but it took us 10 years to get to Diamond....

Is this someone that is on board that I would ask for? It can't hurt to ask right?! :)

I guess my daughter is lucky in that her status is actually earned... she doesn't have to worry about it when she turns 18...she earned those diamond points ... Though I think she'll have to get to Diamond+ on her own though :D Not that we'll stop bringing her on cruises...but it took us 10 years to get to Diamond....

Yes this is someone onboard. The person is actually called the Loyalty Ambassador and Future Cruise Consultant. They are in the office where you would book a future cruise. If you cannot find it, just ask Guest Services.

Yes this is someone onboard. The person is actually called the Loyalty Ambassador and Future Cruise Consultant. They are in the office where you would book a future cruise. If you cannot find it, just ask Guest Services.

Oh! I didn't realize it was the same as the future cruise person... We've booked future cruise's on the Freedom before so I know exactly where it is. Thanks!

Patty