Change of Plans

jsemonik

My Wife and I had booked a cruise for January '06 on the Granduer out of New Orleans - I just changed us over to the Enchantment out of Ft. Lauderdale. We are cruising the week of the 16th to take advantage of the MLK Day holiday.

It looks like a lot of people are cruising that week - When I was looking for alternates and settled on the Enchantment there were 5 rooms on our deck to pick from - an hour later - sold out!

Is anyone else bolting from Granduer? I know RCCL could simply change ports and we could have held on to the Granduer but I'm one of those people that just needs to have my plans (Hotels, etc...) in place. I had the New Orleans hotels booked in order to spend a day on either side of the cruise in that wonderful city.

We will get back to the Big Easy when they are ready to receive visitors until then, God bless those people and our prayers are with them.

Jim

We are holding tight with our reservations for right now, but we aren't scheduled to cruise until April 29. We are on the repositioning cruise that is supposed to go from NOLA to San Juan and then San Juan to Baltimore. I've been flirting with booking airfare, but I'm going to wait that part out a bit till I see if they repo the Grandeur somewhere else this winter. If NOLA isn't recovered by then, I'm hoping they sail out of Tampa as we have relatives in FL and could visit them as part of the trip.

My thoughts and prayers are with those who are currently displaced and hope they are reunited with their families and find peace soon.

Archived