Norweigan breakawy

nfjchester

I am going on the 7 day cruise to the Bahamas , St Martin and St lucia . I am in a power wheelchair - not able to walk at all . Does the ship pull up to a dock or does it sit out in the ocean and have to transfer to a boat to get to the islands ?

Has anyone stayed in a handicap room that can share pictures ? I also need a hospital bed - is there room to have one put in the room ? Do they take out the regular bed and bring in the hospital bed and a single bed for my PCA ?

What about the Rouge waves ? Huge fear for me .

Anything else you can share that I would want or need to know ? This will be my first cruise - to be honest I am very scared . Times like this I wish I was "normal" .it sounds like a lot of work and worries to go on any sort of vacation in a wheelchair .

Thank you in advance for replies .

My mom and I sailed the Ncl Getaway. She was I'm balcony accessible cabin 12886. It's huge..over 400 sq feet. There is a roll in shower. You can request a raised toilet seat. The access coordinator on board is excellent. Please complete the access form prior to your trip to let Ncl aware of your needs. They also have a dedicated department you can call prior to your trip.

The lowest cabin deck has extra wide hallways.

Stay calm and have a great time.

My mom and I sailed the Ncl Getaway. She was I'm balcony accessible cabin 12886. It's huge..over 400 sq feet. There is a roll in shower. You can request a raised toilet seat. The access coordinator on board is excellent. Please complete the access form prior to your trip to let Ncl aware of your needs. They also have a dedicated department you can call prior to your trip.

The lowest cabin deck has extra wide hallways.

Stay calm and have a great time.

I agree. Here is NCL's info for their access office. http://www.ncl.com/about/accessible-cruising

I am going on the 7 day cruise to the Bahamas , St Martin and St lucia . I am in a power wheelchair - not able to walk at all . Does the ship pull up to a dock or does it sit out in the ocean and have to transfer to a boat to get to the islands ?

Has anyone stayed in a handicap room that can share pictures ? I also need a hospital bed - is there room to have one put in the room ? Do they take out the regular bed and bring in the hospital bed and a single bed for my PCA ?

What about the Rouge waves ? Huge fear for me .

Anything else you can share that I would want or need to know ? This will be my first cruise - to be honest I am very scared . Times like this I wish I was "normal" .it sounds like a lot of work and worries to go on any sort of vacation in a wheelchair .

Thank you in advance for replies .

Contact NCL's Special Needs at

AccessDesk@NCL.com

They will send you a questionnaire so you can list/describe what your particular special needs are (dietary, mobility, etc.).

And then you can email back and forth for more detail.

I'm a bit curious/concerned about the "hospital bed"

Is this something you are renting, to be delivered to the ship like a wheelchair?

If this can be arranged and you need a second bed, double check that the cabin/suite you have has beds that can be either a "double" style (king or queen, etc.) OR two singles.

--> Make sure you discuss this carefully with NCL, so you are sure that your needs can be met.

And then ENJOY!

GeezerCouple

Why must you have a hospital bed?? While my mother had one at home, she just used the usual twin bed on cruises. A lift will fit underneath. Are you bringing a lift? Do you require a rolling shower/commode chair? We brought both of those ourselves.

If you absolutely must have a hospital bed, you will be responsible for renting it and making arrangements for it through the DME rental company that works with your cruise line. Special Needs At Sea is the only one for Norwegian CL. Not cheap, but they will have it set up in your room and leave one of the other twin beds behind for your PCA. You can also rent lifts from them.

Edited by Splinter