Fare Viewer/Price Protection specific information needed

tea4ular

Thank you in advance for your help...

I am really struggling to understand/find the information I need to determine if I can qualify for price protection (reduction).

We booked with a travel agent.

We booked during the "no deposit" period (Jan. 2015).

We chose our stateroom.

We are past guests.

We are over 55.

We have not paid in full.

I have the link to the fare viewer. I just can't figure out which of the categories we fall under.

Currently, for our sailing, it shows:

Fun Select: Includes automatic two-category upgrade, refundable deposit subject to cancellation terms, no change fee and you pick your stateroom.

Past Guest Offer with 2-category Upgrade: To thank you for sailing with Carnival again, enjoy an automatic two-category upgrade, refundable deposit subject to cancellation terms and no change fee.

Early Saver: Choose your stateroom plus you get price protection; 50% deposit is non-refundable; changes allowed for $50.

Go Sale: Get great rates plus free upgrades on sailings through December 2015.

I don't see anything on Carnival "Manage my booking" that shows what fare "category" we booked under. I don't see anything on our travel agent documentation what "category" we booked under. (not talking about ship category, but "booking" category - IE "Early Saver" etc.)

Any hints, or clues? I am usually pretty good at unraveling things, but this really has me stumped! :confused:

Hi,

IF you have not paid in full yet then your travel agent can rebook you at a lower rate if you find one.

You do not have to book Early Saver for the agent to do that for you before final payment.

You would have to do a mock booking to see what the cost for your exact cabin would be with the fares you have listed. Then you'd have to compare that fare with what you paid and understand that if you put NO deposit down and the new rate requires a deposit then you will have to pay that.

Hi,

IF you have not paid in full yet then your travel agent can rebook you at a lower rate if you find one.

You do not have to book Early Saver for the agent to do that for you before final payment.

You would have to do a mock booking to see what the cost for your exact cabin would be with the fares you have listed. Then you'd have to compare that fare with what you paid and understand that if you put NO deposit down and the new rate requires a deposit then you will have to pay that.

So it's true we have not paid a deposit, but we have made some payment(s) toward our trip. Would those apply to the deposit, or would we have to be prepared to pay the "deposit" upon making the call?

Any idea?

As long as you haven't reached the mandatory final payment date, your TA can get you a lower rate regardless who much you have already paid you can get the lowest rate you are eligible for. The only thing is you may have to pay your full deposit depending on what rate you are looking at.

Once you pass the mandatory final payment date, you are only eligible for lower rates if you booked early saver. Check with your TA they will be able to tell you.

As long as you haven't reached the mandatory final payment date, your TA can get you a lower rate regardless who much you have already paid you can get the lowest rate you are eligible for. The only thing is you may have to pay your full deposit depending on what rate you are looking at.

Once you pass the mandatory final payment date, you are only eligible for lower rates if you booked early saver. Check with your TA they will be able to tell you.

I'll be calling my travel agent as soon as I'm finished eating lunch. Priorities and all! I'll let you all know what I learn. My cabin (mock booking) is $70 less, so going for a price reduction. And it seems there's still the "no deposit" feature going on.

Apparently having lunch first paid off!

While I was eating the fare dropped $200! :p

And yes, according to my travel agent I call her any time until final payment is due (not made) for a price reduction. She also told me that her company will often give OBC if the fare drops after I make final payment (but no guarantee).