NCL or travel agent

turquoise 6

I booked a future trip direct with NCL , same agent I used in the past. I noticed

That a popular online travel agent, whom I used before, has

The cruise piece for the same date as $80 pp lower and on board credit of $75

And includes the promotions until tomorrow.

Do I cancel with NCL and rebook with the agency? Big savings.

But I have the security of NCL

Price

Any ideas ?

Edited by turquoise 6
Price

I booked a future trip direct with NCL , same agent I used in the past. I noticed

That a popular online travel agent, whom I used before, has

The cruise piece for the same date as $80 pp lower and on board credit of $75

And includes the promotions until tomorrow.

Do I cancel with NCL and rebook with the agency? Big savings.

But I have the security of NCL

Price

Any ideas ?

Cancel - take the extra perks :)

sorry I can't help you but I noticed your signature and I thought I'd make you aware that the Breakaway is not S/S Breakaway, its actually Norwegian Breakaway. The Queen Victoria is MS Queen Vicki as is the MS Queen Elizabeth. There are so few steam ships anymore :(

Edited by Sauer-kraut

Go with the travel agent. Price will always be same or better than direct with cruise line and agents usually have extra perks on top of what the cruise line is offering.

A good agent will also monitor prices for you in the event of a price drop. The cruise line is not going to do that.

My NCL PCC is great and I have spent more money sometimes just to stay with him. But with that price difference and the OBC. That's a difference of over $300. I don't think even I am that loyal to my PCC.

The funny thing is that I've been reading about the prepaid service charge so emailed my PCC and in less than 15 minutes he had added it and sent me the revised reservation. I came onto this particular thread to brag and say book direct with NCL, but $300:eek: That's a nice amount of money.

We nowadays always either book with a TA straight away or transfer bookings made directly with NCL to a TA.

Our TA (we are not allowed to name or recommend TAs/individual agents here) always gives us about 10% of the cruise fare either in OBC and/or plain discount and often other perks too, so there is no reason for us to book directly with NCL. Also while i know that there can be good PCCs at NCL, they are few and far between.

For my most recent booking, I put a hold on the cabin directly with NCL, and then called a travel agent. After we agreed on terms, I placed the deposit with NCL and transferred the reservation to the travel agent (link to form and transfer details). It took about 2 business days for the transfer to complete, and then my travel agent sent me the agency invoice with the agreed upon fare and perks.

I do prefer to put a hold on the cabin and then place the deposit myself using NCL's website, because then there's no back and forth with the travel agent regarding which cabin number we're booking. (I'm really picky about cabin location. ;)) Also, if I hadn't been happy with what the first travel agent offered me, I could have called another travel agent without worrying that my preferred cabin would be snatched up or put on hold while I was working on getting quotes.