1st time for Chef's Table

RenoNanaOz

Just received confirmation for the Chef's Table:) This is our 8th cruise but 1st time at the Chef's Table. Not sure why we waited so long, we typically do the Steakhouse first and last night. I have read so many great things here I just had to go for it!!!

How much is the chef's table? My cruise buddy just paid to upgrade us to a spa room, so I want to do something nice for her.

It is $75 a person. We have done 5 and enjoyed each and every time. A very eclectic menus, good wine and it always has been an enjoyable evening.

How much is the chef's table? My cruise buddy just paid to upgrade us to a spa room, so I want to do something nice for her.

It's $75 per person for the entire meal, I think 6 courses but someone correct me if that's wrong. Also a Champagne welcome and unlimited wine throughout dinner. We are total foodies (and love wine) and can't wait!!

Just received confirmation for the Chef's Table:) This is our 8th cruise but 1st time at the Chef's Table. Not sure why we waited so long, we typically do the Steakhouse first and last night. I have read so many great things here I just had to go for it!!!

It's pretty darn nice. We have done it every single cruise since it started... At least 7 times. The chefs have always been very engaging... And the wine just keeps coming!

Yes. It is.

Anyone interested, here's my review of the Chef's Table with the new menu:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2130964

Just read your Chef's Table Review, excellent. I really can't wait for this, it's going to be great. We are foodies and love this type if eating. In fact in your hometown when we visit we love Gary Danko's. If you've never been you should definitely try it. Thanks again for the awesome review. One question, I love the photos but I thought cameras weren't allowed in the galley?

Thanks!

Just read your Chef's Table Review, excellent. I really can't wait for this, it's going to be great. We are foodies and love this type if eating. In fact in your hometown when we visit we love Gary Danko's. If you've never been you should definitely try it. Thanks again for the awesome review. One question, I love the photos but I thought cameras weren't allowed in the galley?

Thanks!

Thanks!

Cameras aren't allowed in the galley during the behind the scenes tour because there are other stops along the way like the bridge and the engine control room but they are allowed during the Chef's Table because the galley isn't a high security area as the other two. Enjoy!

ILOVE the Chef's Table, and try to do it now on each of my cruises. I have lost count of the number of times I have done it...maybe 10? Even if you have had the menu before, it is still worth it and a most enjoyable evening. Each ship does things slightly different. On the Dream Class hips you dine at a table set in the galley. On the smaller ships you go to a private dining room. The staff all seem genuinely excited to host you! I have met some great foodie friends through these dinners which I am still in touch with. The food is good. Small portions, but after several small bites here and there, I am stuffed before the main entree comes out. Last time I swore I would only eat half of each course, but it was all so good, i ate it all. Waddled back to the cabin, slightly buzzed but totally happy. They limit the table to 12 people, but if the demand is there, they will do it on two nights. I encourage all to go for it and enjoy.

Of course I have never had a bad meal in the MDR either...and I hate to miss that. I also enjoy at least one night in the Steakhouse if the ship has that. I am excited to be able to make an al a carte steakhouse choice now in the MDR. I have rambled, sorry. I love my food!

I have been on the Magic and the Breeze and have never done the chefs table.We go to a lot of dinners because my husband is involved in the wine business and this menu looks fantastic and very creative.On our next cruise we will do this and skip the excursion.For seventy five dollars a person this is a better deal

We are also doing the Chef's table on our next cruise April 5 on the Splendor. Really looking forward to it. We love good food. We do a lot of beer-tasting dinners and it will be nice to expose my 23-year-old daughter to some good wines. I will post a review with pictures when we get back.

We are also doing the Chef's table on our next cruise April 5 on the Splendor. Really looking forward to it. We love good food. We do a lot of beer-tasting dinners and it will be nice to expose my 23-year-old daughter to some good wines. I will post a review with pictures when we get back.

I will be watching for your review as it is right before ours on The Glory 4/25. Have fun!!