Cruising Alone?

Beachcatzmum

I would really love to take a cruise alone within a month or so...desperately in need of down time and quiet time. But the costs for one passenger are ridiculous. Has anyone ever had any luck in negotiating the price down for a seasoned cruiser (NCL and RCCL). Any comments would be appreciated.

I would really love to take a cruise alone within a month or so...desperately in need of down time and quiet time. But the costs for one passenger are ridiculous. Has anyone ever had any luck in negotiating the price down for a seasoned cruiser (NCL and RCCL). Any comments would be appreciated.

Hi, I have been cruising solo for 11 years now so I consider myself pretty

"seasoned"...cruise prices can vary but it usually comes down to economics....."SUPPLY AND DEMAND".

If cabins are selling at a good clip, then prices will probably not go down. But if there are many

cabins available, then there is a chance they will reduce the prices. If you are going to cruise

within a month? If there are open cabins then the cruiseline may have a price decrease but

there is nothing set in stone. But usually, (in all my years) I can say I have not ever seen/

heard about negotiating a price.

If you are going soon, I would just keep an eye out on whatever cruiseline's website

you are planning to take and see what pops up.

Edited by Lois R

Add me to the list of happy solo cruisers! I don't mind going with friends, because those friends live in other countries and I don't get to see them as much as I'd like to. BUT going by myself was fantastic! I could do whatever I wanted, when I wanted, could eat alone or with people I met, had the cabin all to myself...it was great! I especially enjoyed getting dinner from the buffet and eating on deck, watching the sunset...most of the time I had the entire area to myself and it was so peaceful.

I would suggest going to your cruise roll call here on CC (if it has one) and introducing yourself to the people there. Our meet and greet was fun and we did some private excursions together.

Bon voyage!