Need info on kids clubs please!

Daggio

We are thinking of cruisng on the Princess Crown next year. At that time our children will be 15 and 8. I know there is no info yet on the Crown kids club, but I'd appreciate any info on other Princess kids clubs as to: what type of specific activites are there for my children's age groups, are they organized, counselors attentive, etc. We just got back from a Royal Carribean cruise last week and sadly to say I was not impressed wth the kids clubs there. My daughter was in the 12-14 year old club. If not enough kids showed up for that specified activity, then the activity was canceled. She didn't do much but a scavenger hunt and just hang out. I noticed the teen group, which she will be in next year, just hung out in the hallways and on the elevators. My son's group was pretty much the same. Nothing too exciting in his club. They did a pirate show, colored a pillowcase and basically played video games. We opted to leave him in the club 1 night after 10 p.m. at a charge of $5/hr. When we went to pick him up at midnight, all the kids were running wild, playng kickball. He was kicked in the throat, and no counselor even noticed. It was very disorganized. The counselors were there, but not really watching the kids. It was basically a free for all. Any info on the Princess lines kids clubs, maybe the itineraries etc., would be very much appreciated. Thanks! :)

My daughter loves the kids clubs. She is now seven. In her age group they do lots of crafts, play games, disco evening, pyjama party, visit the bridge, go for group lunches, group dinners, visit the ice cream parlour. In the evening you normally find that from approx 9pm it becomes "quiet time" and they watch a video. It has always been well organised and supervised.

On the Grand class ships the children's center is very organized. They have a weeks plan of activities which include some science activities in your room when you arrive. They keep to the schedule and do the activities. They have play station twos but only unlock them during set blocks of time. My children have been in the 3-7 group and the 8-12 year old groups and enjoyed both. After 10:00 the children are moved into one room and have free choice time and movies.

I can't help with your younger child, but I have my Off Limits-Teens schedule for the Diamond for the week. It is many pages long, so I can't post it all, but will give you some highlights:

DAY 1: Registration 12-4

8-10 Ice Breakers and Games

10 Movie

11:30 Welcome Aboard Teen Dance Party-closed at 1am

DAY 2 (Sea Day): Morning Activities 9-12 (breakfast, crafts, board games)

Afternoon Activities 2-4 (T-shirt grafitti, Dance Class, Games)

Evening Activities 8-1 (Karaoke, Various games, Dance)

Day 4 (Port Day): Evening Activities 7-1 (Games, Karoake, Party)

Each day seems to follow the same formula of activities, and my two teens enjoyed it very much. They didn't really participate in organized activities in the morning (too tired!) or afternoon (usually hung out with us, or with kids they had met), but did really enjoy the evening activities.

If you need anymore information, let me know and I will try to help.

Patty

Archived