Promo exclusions

I know that Anthem and Quantum are the newest ships, so of course they won't be included in promos/deals just yet ... but the deposits required of RCI are so high that it's causing us to hold back. We REALLY love the look of the NJ 12 nighter next year, but this is the highest deposit that we've ever encountered (NCL, CCL and DCL so far)

We LOVE this itinerary, and don't fly so going from NJ (we're in New England) is saving us travel days. My husband has blocked off the dates for next year, so I know he's ready to jump if a special comes up. But is that even likely? I'm more of a "book asap and call to adjust if it drops", but he's a "wait and see" kind of person. Drives me crazy.

I guess no real question, just getting my thoughts out there.

As you said...best to book early and call for a price drop. Prices for the new ships tend to rise and you could end up paying more. You are going to pay the deposit anyway and it's not like it's earning a whole lot of interest sitting in the bank. The deposit is fully refundable up until final payment if you did change your mind.

As you said...best to book early and call for a price drop. Prices for the new ships tend to rise and you could end up paying more. You are going to pay the deposit anyway and it's not like it's earning a whole lot of interest sitting in the bank. The deposit is fully refundable up until final payment if you did change your mind.

I know, I think for him he's just thinking about how we haven't even taken our April trip yet so he's not looking forward to dishing that out before we've seen what we're spending. (We pay credit card off immediately when we use it, so we feel it immediately.)

Edited by mchelle77

I'm going on the Quantum next week and booked almost a year in advance. I checked the prices constantly and they never dropped below what I paid in fact they drastically increased. I also looked for a "deal" but Quantum/Anthem was always excluded.

I did book through an online TA that gave me OBC and prepaid gratuities but didn't qualify for the reduced deposit or free dinners etc.

I think its better to book early, get the cabin you want and watch for price adjustments.

I've booked the Anthem for next September mid November 2014, online TA with prepaid grats and 40$ "agency discount". Watching constantly for price drops. They've dropped twice since then, called and was applied --we saved 582$ :D. YES, we put down 900$ deposit and it went down from our credit card, but with zero interest now anyway -- at least we got a nice hump cabin :)