Cold Weather Cruises/ Sea Days

TavelRN

I am booked on a 10 day European cruise for the end of January going into early February. We will be on the Epic. I have done several cruises in warmer weather, where most people lay out by the pool all day. My question is, does NCL provide additional and different activities for cruises that are in colder weather, where laying around the pool may not be an option?

I am booked on a 10 day European cruise for the end of January going into early February. We will be on the Epic. I have done several cruises in warmer weather, where most people lay out by the pool all day. My question is, does NCL provide additional and different activities for cruises that are in colder weather, where laying around the pool may not be an option?

Yes, typically there will be other activities indoors available if the weather is not aligned to pool fun.

last year i went on a western mediterranean cruise from barcelona on april.it was good weather a lot of staff going on the ship but not pool time for me.It was not as a caribbean cruise.but the ship had a lot of activities planned.Now for the late jan cruise is certainly going to be much colder so i am pretty sure that they will have more things arranged on bliss or on any other interior space.But if it gets boring i am glad i have the ubp!!we will just try a lot of different cocktails or wines!!

Edited by backsbanny

I'm not sure if there are necessarily more indoor activities planned for cold weather cruises. I mean, people who like to lay out by the pool are probably not going to see Zumba classes and trivia as an indoor equivalent of that. That said, there will be Zumba classes and trivia, and probably cooking demonstrations, arts & crafts classes, language lessons, movie screenings, wine tastings, Q&As with officers, fitness/health seminars, future cruise presentations, … But as far as I know, warm weather cruises have all of these, too.

Epic has a great spa, so maybe consider getting a spa pass and lounging in there every day if the pool is too cold. And remember that even if the weather is cold, the hot tubs are still hot! :)

the most important thing for me on a cruise is just to relax so if i see not a lot of action during the day no problem,,just get a nice wine and relax with my wife watching a show or just doing nothing at all just watching the sea from our

stateroom(the bed is by the balcony always for us we enjoy to lie down and just watch the waves

We did B2B cruises on the NCL Star out of Copenhagen last Sept/Oct The first cruise was in the North Sea and North Atlantic and it was too cold to use the pool, in fact the pool was closed.

The second cruise was a TA and it wasn't until we passed the Azores that we could use the pool. NCL had a few activities, like trivia, wine tasting, bingo, etc. We didn't do trivia or bingo, but did enjoy the wine tastings.

I took books to read for sea days and did a good workout in the gym.