Paying Excursion for another Bkg#

RJ7591

Can anyone tell me how to go about booking excursions for someone on a different booking # than mine? We are traveling with our son and his family and daughter and her family. The cruise was their Christmas present so we paid for that and now we want to pay for a couple of excursions. I emailed my PVP and he said to just log in and book the excursion and it would give me the option to add other people. That wasn't correct or at least I don't see that option; I can only add the two of us who are booked in our cabin. I called the 800# and they told me the same thing. The lady stayed on the phone with me while I tried it and she was surprised that the option wasn't there also. Any suggestions?

And yes, I know I could log in under their account (or get them to) but I don't want my debit card associated with their booking in case they run up a bill onboard. I don't want that to sound bad and I don't think they would deliberately charge to my card but things happen.

Are your reservations linked ? When I booked ours yesterday, everyone we're linked to popped up. I just clicked on the 4 I wanted to pay for. Also on my profile my kids are listed as traveling companions, along with their VIFP #'s. I didn't put them on there, I guess Carnival did.

When I put 4 people in the order form is when other names popped up. When I put 2 it only showed the 2 names booked in my cabin.

Are your reservations linked ? When I booked ours yesterday, everyone we're linked to popped up. I just clicked on the 4 I wanted to pay for. Also on my profile my kids are listed as traveling companions, along with their VIFP #'s. I didn't put them on there, I guess Carnival did.

When I put 4 people in the order form is when other names popped up. When I put 2 it only showed the 2 names booked in my cabin.

They should be linked but since we're Your Time Dining they may not be. I will email my PVP and make sure. Thanks!

And yes, I know I could log in under their account (or get them to) but I don't want my debit card associated with their booking in case they run up a bill onboard. I don't want that to sound bad and I don't think they would deliberately charge to my card but things happen.

You can view their account on your Carnival.com login and buy excursions without associating your card with their account. It will just be used to pay for the excursions. They will need to establish their Sale and Sign account with the Online Check-in and provide a card or cash for their on-board purchases.

I was able to see all 4 when booking excursions once I added the S&S account for the second cabin to my S&S account in the Online check-in. Before that I could only see 2 names when booking excursions.

Do yourself a favor and go buy a prepaid visa/mc gift card and then you can log on and purchase their excursions without ever using your debit card.....trust me ...that's what I do when I don't want anyone having my info...

If you have not already done so link their booking with yours. You can pay for their excursions, but it does not put your card on file for their S&S card.

I have just done this for my upcoming cruise. They have the other parties card on file, but I used my card to pay for their FTTF when I saw it was available. When you go to the checkout online it will ask you for your card information

You don't have to link accounts to book excursions.

You can just go into their booking and pay for the excursion with your card. They won't have the card info . It will only be used by Carnival to pay for that specific excursion. I did that for my sister and her husband for FTTF. I just bought it for them using my card inside of their booking. I put in their e mail so that they would be notified of the booking but if you don't want that to happen then just put in your e mail to get the notification.

Your card info does not appear anywhere on their account!

When I emailed my PVP to make sure the bookings were linked he called back and offered to just book the excursions for me. He said they were already linked so I'm not sure why I didn't get the option to add the others but it's all worked out.

I may take some advice and add the booking # for our son so I can do his online check-in since it's his first cruise. It will be the 3rd for our daughter so she can take care of her own. :p

Thanks for all the advice!