The Norwegian Star's Grand Arrival in Portland, Oregon

calex

There is a nice article in the Oregonian that includes a 30-picture photo gallery of the Star's arrival in Portland to Vigor Industries:

Notice what happens in pictures 11 and 12. Hope they use them to get into downtown Portland under all the bridges. It sure would be a grand entrance into the Rose City and a sight to see. But only when the crew is done stripping out that old, memory filled carpeting.

Edited by calex

We took a ride over to U.P. to get a nice look at the Star from the bluff. My wife is very used to me watching Saturday departures on port webcams, so she humored me :)

Hoping I will be off the day the ship pulls out again. Would like to watch the initial dock lowering and shoot over to Sauvie Island for some pics from the beach..

With all the local press coverage, I suspect we won't be alone on that day!

We took a ride over to U.P. to get a nice look at the Star from the bluff. My wife is very used to me watching Saturday departures on port webcams, so she humored me :)

Hoping I will be off the day the ship pulls out again. Would like to watch the initial dock lowering and shoot over to Sauvie Island for some pics from the beach..

It definitely was good to see some press coverage. I did send a news tip about the arrival of the Star a week ahead of time to the affiliates of ABC, NBC, CBS and FOX in Portland as well as the Oregonian and Willamette Weekly newspapers that included a press release from Vigor Industries.

By chance, we were in Portland on the evening on the Star's arrival and got a good glimpse of her off NW Kittridge Avenue and the off the bluff at University of Portland.

From the south off Kittridge Avenue:

Star_Kittridge_zpsh7rkswxb.jpg

The Stack:

Star_Stack_zpsx7amktq2.jpg

I hope you make it over to see her leave and can take pictures. She will be sailing to pick some of us up in LA! :D

There is a nice article in the Oregonian that includes a 30-picture photo gallery of the Star's arrival in Portland to Vigor Industries:

Notice what happens in pictures 11 and 12. Hope they use them to get into downtown Portland under all the bridges. It sure would be a grand entrance into the Rose City and a sight to see. But only when the crew is done stripping out that old, memory filled carpeting.

I'm from Portland Oregon and Never has a cruise ship docked there go figure. Of course Naval ships.