Taku lodge and glacier flight

bjarrett7

My DH and I are planning our day in Ketchikan in late August and are thinking about this excursion. We have 2 choices , 1:00 and 3:30. Our ship arrives at 1:00 so I am not sure how this will work even though it is a ship excursion. Does anyone have a recommendation as to which time of day is preferable? We've never been to Alaska and have no idea! Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Ship tours are flexible with the times. IF it's late, then the second tour, likely will be late too.

Depends when you want to eat, and what else you want to do. So I suggest you make sure you look at and plan your entire port time.

Taku lodge was one of the best cruise sponsored tours.

We arrived in Juneau early. It was slightly raining and cold, we went to Mendenhall Glacier in the morning. Taku lodge was scheduled for 12:30 pm

What I hear, the early group didn't see bears. The sun came out and our group saw 3-4 bears. The rain started again, and the afternoon group did not see bears! Just a thought- go at lunch time Have fun!

We arrived in Juneau early. It was slightly raining and cold, we went to Mendenhall Glacier in the morning. Taku lodge was scheduled for 12:30 pm

What I hear, the early group didn't see bears. The sun came out and our group saw 3-4 bears. The rain started again, and the afternoon group did not see bears! Just a thought- go at lunch time Have fun!

Thanks! I was leaning towards that. [emoji2]

This experience is not indicative of seeing bears. They can and are seen anytime, pure chance.

I have always gone there independent.