alilaguna to cruise port???

buddy1755

Yes. You are let off right at the cruise terminal. It is a simple walk to get to your cruise ship (It all depends on where your cruise line is docked, but otherwise a quick walk).

Edited by MaverickCSX

Yes. You are let off right at the cruise terminal. It is a simple walk to get to your cruise ship (It all depends on where your cruise line is docked, but otherwise a quick walk).

I'm not sure what cruise line you're using, or where it will be assigned by the port. However, I would make sure your ship is docked right there at Marittima terminal (near the Alilaguna stop) before boarding Alilaguna. Once in a while a cruise ship docks near the San Basilio vaporetto stop, although those are normally small cruise ships plus river ships, not big cruise ships. If, however, your ship docks there (a tiny bit southeast of the cruise port) you would probably be better off taking a vaporetto to San Basilio. The vaporettos, however, can be picky about suitcases, so Marittima is a better location for cruisers with luggage!

I assume you know that Alilaguna is half price within Venice, and full price is only charged if you come from the airport.

I'm not sure what cruise line you're using, or where it will be assigned by the port. However, I would make sure your ship is docked right there at Marittima terminal (near the Alilaguna stop) before boarding Alilaguna. Once in a while a cruise ship docks near the San Basilio vaporetto stop, although those are normally small cruise ships plus river ships, not big cruise ships. If, however, your ship docks there (a tiny bit southeast of the cruise port) you would probably be better off taking a vaporetto to San Basilio. The vaporettos, however, can be picky about suitcases, so Marittima is a better location for cruisers with luggage!

I assume you know that Alilaguna is half price within Venice, and full price is only charged if you come from the airport.

We are on the spirit, it will be the only ship in port according to the port schedule, so I'm hoping it'll be at that spot. I noticed the price was lower than the airport from Arsenales, we are just a hop away at Casa Faveretto.

Thanks for the tips

We are on the spirit, it will be the only ship in port according to the port schedule, so I'm hoping it'll be at that spot. I noticed the price was lower than the airport from Arsenales, we are just a hop away at Casa Faveretto.

Thanks for the tips

What size ship is the spirit? Don't know of it.

When we were staying at the Hilton Molino Stucky, the cruise ships passed so close to us that we felt like we could shake hands with the passengers. But the only ships that docked nearby were the very small ones, 200-500 passengers in my estimation. The larger ships all went round to Marittima. Is 'spirit' an NCL ship? If so, it is 99% likely to be at the main dock near the Alilaguna dropoff.

When we were staying at the Hilton Molino Stucky, the cruise ships passed so close to us that we felt like we could shake hands with the passengers. But the only ships that docked nearby were the very small ones, 200-500 passengers in my estimation. The larger ships all went round to Marittima. Is 'spirit' an NCL ship? If so, it is 99% likely to be at the main dock near the Alilaguna dropoff.

I looked up Spirit out of curiosity, and it IS NCL, so I agree that it is very likely to dock at Marittima!

I guess is considered a small ship, about 2000 Passengers

TONNAGE: 75,338 gross tons

LENGTH: 878 feet

BEAM: 105.5 feet

DRAFT: 26 feet

Not sure whether to laugh or cry....2,000 pax is a small ship!?!? :eek:

The "small" ships that dock at Basilio are maybe 300 to 650 passengers.