Deluxe Owners Suite VS. 2 Bedroom Family Suite on STAR- Which one?

Mandy923

We are a family of 5. (18, 10, 7 are the kids ages). Which one of these staterooms would you chose on the STAR. They are identical in price.

THought I'd get some input. One of the biggest differences I can see is the 2 bedroom Family suite has a Balcony, where the Deluxe Owners Suite does not.

Any other input?

We are a family of 5. (18, 10, 7 are the kids ages). Which one of these staterooms would you chose on the STAR. They are identical in price.

THought I'd get some input. One of the biggest differences I can see is the 2 bedroom Family suite has a Balcony, where the Deluxe Owners Suite does not.

Any other input?

DOS has 3 bottles of liquor, all the mixers (sodas), and real champagne instead of sparkling wine :)

Any other input?

Since you will be cruising with kids, my guess is that you would highly appreciate having a balcony available.... Not to mention the extra bathroom that comes with the second bedroom in the family suite... :p

Edited by TrumpyNor

Since you will be cruising with kids, my guess is that you would highly appreciate having a balcony available.... Not to mention the extra bathroom that comes with the second bedroom in the family suite... :p

DOS also has 2 full bathrooms and 2 bedrooms. At least 2 of the 4 DOS suites have them, the ones that sleep up to 6 guests.

Edited by Got Tequila?

DOS also has 2 full bathrooms and 2 bedrooms. At least 2 of the 4 DOS suites have them, the ones that sleep up to 6 guests.

OK, then maybe the floorplan online is not accurate then, for the DOS.....

star_modal_fp_OwnerSuite_add_r.jpg

While the OS with two balconies indeed have two bathrooms (but that is NOT the suite type the OP was mentioning):

star_modal_fp_Ownersuite.jpg

OK, then maybe the floorplan online is not accurate then, for the DOS.....

star_modal_fp_OwnerSuite_add_r.jpg

While the OS with two balconies indeed have two bathrooms (but that is NOT the suite type the OP was mentioning):

star_modal_fp_Ownersuite.jpg

There are 2 floor plans for the deluxe owners suites on deck 12 on the STAR and DAWN. The 2 inner ones that sleep 6 guests have 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms and a wall of windows but no balconies. The 2 on the outside corners sleep 4 and only have one bedroom and bathroom, and the other 2 guests share the sleeper sofa....no balcony in those either.

There's a video of one of the 2 bedroom deluxe owner suites, suite 12000. Not the best video but does show a bit of the suite. Edited by Got Tequila?

There are 2 floor plans for the deluxe owners suites on deck 12 on the STAR and DAWN. The 2 inner ones that sleep 6 guests have 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms and a wall of windows but no balconies. The 2 on the outside corners sleep 4 and only have one bedroom and bathroom, and the other 2 guests share the sleeper sofa....no balcony in those either.

OK, then I learned something new today as well - thank you! :)

I still believe that a balcony will be very much appreciated when cruising with a family of 5, including 3 children.

OK, then I learned something new today as well - thank you! :)

I still believe that a balcony will be very much appreciated when cruising with a family of 5, including 3 children.

I can't figure out why after all these years NCL hasn't updated their floor plans to show the two options. Heck, I've even had their reps tell me there aren't two bedroom DOSs. ;)

One of the great things about these DOSs on the Star and Dawn are they are on deck 12. Its really close to the swimming pool (also deck 12), plus deck 13 is just up a flight of stairs which more than made up for no balcony (there's also a hot tub on deck 13 that's not used very often).

We've stayed in the two bedroom/two bath DOS twice and would do it again with no reservation.

We have stayed in the SC 2 bedroom suite on deck 11 on the Dawn a few times. The Star is the sister ship. We are a family of 4. My son and daughter are 20 and 17 now. We also have been in a family suite on deck 12. Both were great suites. As much as I liked the balcony I did not miss it that much given the pool area and the deck area above were so close. The next time we go on the Dawn we will be in the 2 bedroom DOS.

Edited by jimswims

My family of 6 will be staying in the 2 bedroom DOS next April. Just curious, being on Deck 12, is it loud?

As the DOS are all the way forward I've found it to be very quiet - for the most part only people staying in cabins in this area will be found here (it's not on the way to anything). Then the bridge is below you so there's no noise coming from there.

As you leave the pool area there are glass doors, and a couple of small turns coming into the cabin area which seems to deaden noise from the pool.

I've read where some have complained upon the noise made in the cabin from the over head light fixtures and clothes hangers, but I didn't have a problem.

Edited by Girr

I've not stayed in the DOS, but I've stayed in the 2 bedroom Family Suite on the Star, with 3 adults. It was fabulous! The bathroom is to die for, and we really enjoyed the balcony. Personally, though, I never cruise without a balcony; for other people, it doesn't matter.

We also liked that there are doors separating each area, so if one person is sleeping, and others are awake, it's no big deal. There are also tvs in each bedroom, one in the living area, and one in the master bathroom, so everyone can be "in their own space" so to speak.

Thanks Everyone for your input!

I'm leaning towards the DOS- But really not sure if we will miss the Balcony. We don't really spend any considerable time out there. Usually just a few minutes at a time- while coming into Port.....

Hmm.... Decisions!