Summit Formal Nights

sheff29

Which of the 2 formal nights would you classify as the "dressier" one, and I mean for the ladies. I've got two dresses picked out to bring... one is a little more "sparkly" and was thinking wear this one first? Any experiences you can share? Thx.

Maybe it depends on the itinerary. We just got off the Summit and formal nights were 2 and 6. Two was our first port stop and six was a sea day. We found people were more dressed up on the day six one. It could be because they had more time to get ready.

Which of the 2 formal nights would you classify as the "dressier" one, and I mean for the ladies. I've got two dresses picked out to bring... one is a little more "sparkly" and was thinking wear this one first? Any experiences you can share? Thx.

Well, it depends on which Summit itinerary you are talking about. We were on Summit to Bermuda last year, with formal nights falling on the second and fifth nights of the cruise. We saw more enthusiasm (and upscale dressing) on the 1st formal, since it was a sea day. The 2nd formal was the night we departed from Bermuda. After three intense port days, some folks never even made it to the MDR, that night -- those that did make it, didn't seem quite as "sparkley". ;)

Edited by wwcruisers

Our only sea day is day 2, the first formal night. I suppose either dress will work on either day. Thanks for the info girls! I'm having a bit of fun tearing through the closet and buying a few new things too, hope my bag isn't too heavy. Lol