Are there Gluten Free Options on NCL?

Lingalizzi

Just booked Breakaway for April, but I couldn't find anything on gluten-free options. Does anyone know if they have decent gluten free food or beer?

We have never cruised NCL before and Carnival had amazing gluten free options for my husband.

Thank you!

I have recently began to eat Gluten Free and never sailed while trying to eat this way. However after researching I have called to let them know that I am both GF and dairy free and they were very nice and seemed knowledgable to what I would need for a June trip. This is a link to a forum that I read that I found helpful.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2170038

Yes, plenty of gluten free options. Just make sure to call NCL at least 60 days prior to your cruise to have it on file and then they will document it and they will also recommend you speak to one of the cruise directors once you board.

My wife is gluten free and we had a wonderful time on the Jade in 2013 and there were no issues with her allergy.

Yes, plenty of gluten free options. Just make sure to call NCL at least 60 days prior to your cruise to have it on file and then they will document it and they will also recommend you speak to one of the cruise directors once you board.

My wife is gluten free and we had a wonderful time on the Jade in 2013 and there were no issues with her allergy.

Thanks for the info (it's such a hassle!) - we just booked last night and we sail in 31 days - so I will call today.. nothing like a last minute vacation!

My wife has celiac. Just returned from Gem which we booked less than 2 weeks in advance and NCL, always good, is getting better and better with special diets. Just let them know as soon as possible and then find someone from food services to talk to as soon as you board and you should have no problems.

I asked about gluten-free options for my wife and special access desk sent the following documents:

1. form to complete detailing the needs / allergy (it says to send in 60 days in advance)

2. list of gluten free items they stock (includes breads, cookies, pasta, bagels / muffins, etc.)

It looks like they can accommodate you reasonably well, but you'll need to make the need known in advance and then actively ask some questions in order to take full advantage of options.

NCL Guest Letter and Special Request Information form (2013) updated 1092013.pdf

Gluten Free items. 1-16-2014pdf.pdf

Once you notify NCL they wlll keep in in your records. After the first contact, my Mom has not had to advise them further. We board the ship, hit the main restaurant for lunch, and the person in charge of special diets (for our two cruises since she has been gluten free, Jeph) comes to see you and has you choose your dinner.

They are excellent at telling you what they can and cannot make gluten free and will tell you what to stay away from should you decide on the buffets for any meals.

Be absolutely sure, though, that you double check (if they do not bring the dish and ask who is gluten free) which plate is gluten free if someone else orders the same meal. We had an issue with an appetizer that an assistant waiter gave mine to Mom and hers to me. Once we started eating it (sushi) the waiter said the dishes were wrong but Mom and I knew the soy sauce was the only thing on the plates that had gluten.

Kathy

It looks like they have a decent choice at meal times. Does anyone know if the gluten free bread is good? RCI now make several types of bread gluten free. Also on RCI I can get fresh gluten free pancakes & pizza. Will I be able to have anything like that on NCL?