Dog sledding in July

janikh

We are thinking about dog sledding as part of an excursion. Is it worth doing in July when there isn't any snow? We saw one in Skagway, but it is in a cart and is on a path. Is that the only way to do it?

There is the very expensive helicopter to glacier excursions. It is a unique if not a bit artificial experience. I got grief from my wife at the cost but everyone was all smiles after and didn't mention the cost again.

There is the very expensive helicopter to glacier excursions. It is a unique if not a bit artificial experience. I got grief from my wife at the cost but everyone was all smiles after and didn't mention the cost again.

We are signed up for the excursion you described in Juneau. I'm glad to hear it is worth the cost! :D I've talked to friends and have asked them, "What was your favorite thing you did in Alaska?" And they have all responded, "Dog Sledding". Can't Wait!!! We only have 122 days until our adventure begins!

We are signed up for the excursion you described in Juneau. I'm glad to hear it is worth the cost! :D I've talked to friends and have asked them, "What was your favorite thing you did in Alaska?" And they have all responded, "Dog Sledding". Can't Wait!!! We only have 122 days until our adventure begins!

This trip report has info and photos from a heli-dog sld excursion from Juneau.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=43436631#post43436631g

If you look thru the 2014 trip reports for MollanJake's photojournal, they did a heli-dog sled trip but out of Seward.