disabled cabins on Queen Mary 2

englishgal

QM2 has more accessible cabins, but only three are balcony. If you need a HC balcony, you need to book early, sometimes more than a year out. QM2 has 8 inside and 13 OV accessible cabins. There are far more on the other two Cunard Queens,

Princess by far has the most accessible balconies, 15 or more on Grand class ships. Celebrity has many, but not as much as Princess.

Holland America also has a lot of verandah HC cabins.

NCL has a lot on the Breakaway class, not as many on Jewel class.

If you go to http://www.cruisedeckplans.com, choose your cruise line, and then a ship, below the cabin diagrams will be Handicap cabins [+/-]. If you click on the +, it will show you which cabins they are. Although cruisedeckplans is a paid member forum to see all of the cabin pictures, if any pictures have been loaded for HC cabins, they will show up in the list and you can view them without joining. EM

Edited by Essiesmom

Celebrity has many, but not as much as Princess.

Holland America also has a lot of verandah HC cabins.

NCL has a lot on the Breakaway class, not as many on Jewel class.

Important to note: Holland America has both Fully Accessible Cabins and Modified Accessible Cabins depending on the ship. Modified Accessible Cabins will not work if the person requires the use of a wheelchair, Scooter and even a walker.

We used a hc balcony on qm2 several times

Cannot remember the room number but they were wonderful

The ship is not as accessible as others like celebrity cause it is an ocean liner but we managed with scooter

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I use a manual wheelchair and we were in cabin 5223, inside. The cabin itself was huge, there was plenty of room for me to get down the side of the bed and I could easily turn around in the room without hitting furniture. The bathroom was adequate, although a bit on the small side. I could still turn around easily though. The door into the room was quite heavy, and my key card kept failing, on the 34 night cruise it would of failed about ten times!

We didn't have a very friendly room steward, and I find that does tend to make a slight difference to the overall ambience.

All in all, I loved it and didn't want to get off...I would go again as long as the itinerary had a lot of stop overs.

I am sure you will have a ball!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I've sailed twice on the QM2 and have booked again for this year. I use a wheelchair and a scooter.

Is there anything in particular you'd like to know about the cabins or ship?

Happy to answer any questions. I loved both cruises!

• 1 month later...

Have booked for next year in December to the Carribean never been before.

Any advice regarding how easy it is to get round in ports i will be using a

scooter. I have managed to book a balcony cabin 8124

has anyone stayed in it? Thanks for any replies.

• 1 year later...
to stellamax,

do the bath/showers have a seat. grab bars on toilets and bath/showers? wider doors etc.

thanks

richierob

If you go back to post #2 on this thread and follow my directions to cruisedeckplans.com, you can see pictures of an inside HC cabin including the bathroom. EM