Cancelling a person in room after booking

amberdc87

We are sailing on the Dream in November. I am booking 2 cove balcony rooms with 4 people in each. I am unsure if one of those people will be able to sail with us or not (she is in the army). If I go ahead and book with her on the reservation, if I cancel her later on, what kind of penalty is there? We are okay paying a penalty, but what i'm mainly worried about is since that room is for 4 people, would they make us change rooms? I don't want to be separated.

I am going to assume you already understand the deposit is not refundable and there is a $50 fee charged. The remaining deposit will be held and must be used within two years.

This is if you cancel before final payment. Sometime after final payment you enter the penalty phase and the closer to sail date the higher the penalty. I know at two weeks it is 100% but am not sure of the other tiers.

The total of the stateroom fare will change.

An example would be first two in the stateroom $500 each, third and four passenger 300 each for a total of $1600. Divide that by four people and you have $400 each.

Now if number 4 cancel you have the same $500 for first two and $300 additional for a total of $1300 divided by 3, so $433 each. Not much but worth mentioning.

Now as to your original question, will you be moved? You didn't give you sail date which might have helped answer the question. There is a possibility you could be moved. If the sail date is during a high volume sail such as Thanksgiving week your odds are higher. The saving grace might be the very few number of three person cove staterooms. If you have your cabin linked with your friend it might help

• 1 month later...

I have same kind of question. What if it is after paid in full but before final payment due date. We already paid for cruise but final payment isn't til November. Now one person might not come. We booked early saver too. Would it still be the same $50 charge and rest in future cruise credit for that persons fare?

Final payment date is set by Carnival. The rule do not change because you paid early. You will occur the $50 change/administrative fee. The Deposit would be held and needs to be used within two years. The remaining amount would be refunded. I determined this information by checking one of my paid in full cruises and clicked on the "penalty for cancelling this cruise" It says the penalty would be the amount of the deposit.

Someone mentioned getting insurance that covers deployment. USAA's travel insurance does that since they serve military personnel and dependents. I'd recommend them. My son-in-law is in the Navy and his cruise got cancelled due to deployment and they received a 100% refund from the insurance. He did need to provide proof that previous approval was rescinded in order to get the refund. It's possible other insurances may cover deployment as well but just a suggestion of 1 that does.

I have same kind of question. What if it is after paid in full but before final payment due date. We already paid for cruise but final payment isn't til November. Now one person might not come. We booked early saver too. Would it still be the same $50 charge and rest in future cruise credit for that persons fare?

If you need to cancel, make sure you do it before final payment. After that, you lose money on an upward scale.

Edited by cruizinisthebest