Stabilizers on Jewel

rider9946

Are there stabilizers on the NCL Jewel? Just wondering how smooth the ride is on her:)

Smooth is a relative term.

With or without stabilizers, the overall state of the sea is a much bigger factor. And that REALLY changes.

I will say few people ever come here to complain about the Jewel class of ships.

Smooth is a relative term.

With or without stabilizers, the overall state of the sea is a much bigger factor. And that REALLY changes.

I will say few people ever come here to complain about the Jewel class of ships.

Quite right. I remember passengers asking me if the ship "always moves this much?" when we were tied to the pier in Honolulu. :D

I have been on the GEM 3 times, and the last time was in February, We had rough seas going down and coming back, and the captain stated that the stabilizers were used both times and they could only do so much. The ship was rocking and rolling, the shelves emptied out onto the floor in the Spinnaker, Barf bags were deployed everywhere. It's a big ocean, no matter how big the ship is, it is at the mercy of the wind & waves

Just off the Jewel and we had very calm seas the entire trip. I rarely had to take Bonine. My family and I did a bridge tour and the 2nd Officer confirmed there are stabilizers on each side at mid-ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just off the Jewel and we had very calm seas the entire trip. I rarely had to take Bonine. My family and I did a bridge tour and the 2nd Officer confirmed there are stabilizers on each side at mid-ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi,

Dont want to get too much off topic[emoji12]but did the Bonine ever get you drowsy?