Jeans in MDR? Yay or Nay?

Please tell us what part of SUGGESTION makes it MANDATORY...Ill wait for you answer. You could always dine in another venue yourself..

I don't believe I said it was mandatory, however, they wouldn't suggest a dress code they didn't want you to follow. After all, they are trying to be polite. Something some posters on CC could learn from. 😉

No one cares what you prefer.

But everyone cares what you prefer? I've you offer your opinion all over these posts. The OP asked for people's thoughts, I gave mine. Just because CC is fairly anonymous doesn't rudeness should be the constant tone.

Have an especially nice day! :)

Hello all,

We usually cruise UK/Med and we absolutely love dressing for dinner every night, and then really going to town on formal night. I have no issue with what anyone else chooses to do, this is just what we enjoy personally.

This summer will be our first caribbean cruise, and also the first time where we will have to take into account luggage restrictions. Therefore my thoughts have turned to what sort of clothing we will need for the evenings.

It's easy for me as a female as I will have a selection of pretty knee length dresses and heels which will be fine. For my husband, he will take a suit/tux for formal night, but will dark, smart jeans be ok for the other evenings? Is a cotton polo shirt (collared) acceptable in MDR on non-formal nights, or would a cotton shirt be more appropriate?

Not trying to start a debate (there's already one of those running!) just looking for some genuine info as we haven't cruised in warmer temps before with RCI.

Thanks all, happy sailing! [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always say the same on these threads.

Would you wear what you have in mind and feel comfortable in it in a nice restaurant at home. If you answer yes you're on a winner.

I always wear smart dark jeans with a nice shirt or polo and maybe top it off with a jacket. I do go all out on formal night because its fun, but remember if formal isn't your thing, you can skip the main dining room that evening.

No matter what you choose to wear there will always be someone more, dare I say overdressed than you and always someone more casual than you. If everyone is happy ... who cares??

I'm sure you'll be just fine.

But everyone cares what you prefer?

No. But I don't treat them like second class citizens. Nor do I waste my life snickering behinds people's back like a school aged child.

My day is awesome. It's sunny and 85 and the music is on and the pool is just right.

Thank you for taking the time to post a reply, however I never worry about those who choose to snicker behind my back, I'm far too busy enjoying my vacation! I feel sorry that they have time in their day or space in their head to be worrying about me or what I'm wearing! And I speak as someone who adores dressing up on a cruise, but I want everyone to have the holiday they have dreamt about, wearing whatever they enjoy wearing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm glad to hear that. Some who do ask about dress code do so because they are concerned about. I may be called a snob by some but, that's their problem not mine.

Enjoy your cruise! I'm sure you will have a blast!:D

No. But I don't treat them like second class citizens. Nor do I waste my life snickering behinds people's back like a school aged child.

My day is awesome. It's sunny and 85 and the music is on and the pool is just right.

Just because I said some people would, you assume I do? Have we met? Have you been on a cruise with me? You know what they say about assuming? :cool:

Just because I said some people would, you assume I do? Have we met? Have you been on a cruise with me? You know what they say about assuming? :cool:

Don't back pedal so hard. You will hurt yourself. You said what you said and you meant it. If people don't dress how you like you think they should go away. You own that.

whatever color you wear, they are still Jeans. Just cotton dyed a different color..Jeans are Jeans regardless of color.

Of course jeans are jeans thats what I wear :-)

I'm not sure if anyone if confused thinking that darker jeans are not jeans lol[emoji5]️[emoji5]️[emoji5]️