Enough time at Atlantis Aqua Adventure?

TavelRN

I know this is more of a port of call question, but I figured with the recent NCL/Getaway itinerary change some may be able to provide some input. Looks like we would have about 4 hours there. I know I read, that on a recent sailing the ship actually arrived in Nassau at 11 rather than noon.

According to the last email I received from NCL on 3/14/15, we are in Nassau 12pm-7pm. I believe the water park closes at 5PM (someone please correct me if I'm misinformed).

I don't think there are enough hours in this schedule to make it worth the trip here, for us anyway.

I know this is more of a port of call question, but I figured with the recent NCL/Getaway itinerary change some may be able to provide some input. Looks like we would have about 4 hours there. I know I read, that on a recent sailing the ship actually arrived in Nassau at 11 rather than noon.

I have been to and stayed at Atlantis several times. For the amount of money you would have to pay for the day passes that is definitely not worth it in my opinion.

I have been to and stayed at Atlantis several times. For the amount of money you would have to pay for the day passes that is definitely not worth it in my opinion.

Agreed. Although the facility is not that far from the cruise pier, by the time you travel, walk from one end of Atlantis to the other (where the water park is located), secure a locker and get settled, you would not have much time.

We did this a couple of years ago. It was definitely not worth it. My kids only got on about 3 rides. It took a lot of time to get settled, by time we got on rides the lines were very long. It's a very rushed day and we did not find it enjoyable.d

Subscribing to this thread for opinions as well.

We've done Atlantis excursion via CCL before. We had a blast but it was around Thanksgiving and the crowds were manageable. But this time we will be there close to July 4 this go round and on a much larger ship too. This was the only excursion my teens requested. So expensive for a 1/2 day essentially. :( Wondering if anyone has recently taken this excursion via NCL? Do they give you the wristbands immediately after disembarking the ship and then send you to the shuttles? Or give them to you prior to departing the ship?

btw- I don't spend money or time on lockers at Atlantis. I just wear a one piece suit (those slides are brutal ladies) and cover shorts, tank top, old flip flops and small camp towel. No one has ever bothered my clothes that I left on a chair. (hope it's the same this time:)) We do have one small water safe pouch for our ship cards and a cc that is on our person at all times.

Hope someone has a more recent experience to share with regards to timing.

btw- I don't spend money or time on lockers at Atlantis. I just wear a one piece suit (those slides are brutal ladies) and cover shorts, tank top, old flip flops and small camp towel. No one has ever bothered my clothes that I left on a chair. (hope it's the same this time:)) We do have one small water safe pouch for our ship cards and a cc that is on our person at all times.

Hope someone has a more recent experience to share with regards to timing.

You probably won't get a chair.

We We're on Getaway last summer when the arrival time was noon-

We arrived AT NOON!!!

I wouldn't count on early debarkation. We were able to leave at 12:15. Didn't do Atlantis-so expensive and had read about crowds.⚠️

I must say, this stop was the first time that I have ever heard a ship's captain make announcements to the passengers that they should take a certain excursion. He was hawking the Atlantis tours like a carnie!🎪

Personally, I think it depends on what you call "worth it". There's only I think 8 slides/rides and a few pools. We're not lay in the sun type people. We did a few laps in the lazy river, did the slides a few times, sat in the hot tub with some people we'd met. We enjoyed it, but we were ready to head back to the ship after a few hours.

We booked that excursion when we were on the Epic. Personally I think it was a ripoff. Like earlier post it takes a long time to load the bus then you are herded through Atlantis, as they are telling you about the towels,lockers ect. Walking what feels like a mile. My Sis and I got on the lazy river and went around like 4 times then it was time to head back. To us it was not worth the money or time.

We booked that excursion when we were on the Epic. Personally I think it was a ripoff. Like earlier post it takes a long time to load the bus then you are herded through Atlantis, as they are telling you about the towels,lockers ect. Walking what feels like a mile. My Sis and I got on the lazy river and went around like 4 times then it was time to head back. To us it was not worth the money or time.

Were you required to do the tour, or do they give you the passes beforehand? We went in carnival, and were able to sneak off and hit the rides beforehand?

That's what we did. We never made it to lockers. It was still a very long walk. We just didn't think it was worth the money for the actual time that your there.

Yeah. It's my husbands birthday, and I really wanted to do something different. Oh well. Do you happen to know if the Atlantis excursion is able to be booked the day of, I a NCL ship? I may just try for a Vibe Cabana and maybe do a couples massage on the ship??