Another Star “Post Dry Dock” Review, 5 Day Cabo & Spring Break

Day 3: Cabo

Beakfast was again in Cagney’s. French Toast for me, and the crab cakes breakfast for DH. Delicious, as usual!

Before we got to Cabo, I headed to the shops in the Atrium for their $10 “Accessories Sale”. I didn’t buy any jewelry, but I did buy a nice big, sturdy beach bag that I took with me to Cabo. Not bad for ten bucks!

Once we had anchored in Cabo and tendered to shore, we caught one of those glass bottom boats for a tour of the Arch, Lover’s Beach, etc., and a ride to Medano Beach. Our boat driver was Pablo, and he was very friendly, and picked us up again at Medano Beach a few hours later, and right on time!

At Medano, I was kind of tired and didn’t feel like walking much, so we pretty much plopped ourselves into the first loungers we saw, which happened to be at Billygan’s. I had heard good things about them, anyway! They did not disappoint. Service was excellent, very friendly, and prompt. The loungers were really comfortable, too. :)

We ordered guacamole and a chicken quesadilla to share, which came with salsas and more guac. Both were excellent. I also had a very strong margarita, and then promptly napped, despite the loud music! DH swam a bit, and we eventually made our way back to the ship.

Dinner:

We ordered room service from La Cucina this time, and it was disappointing. For appetizers, I had ordered their basic salad, (I think it was the Insalata Fresca?) which was excellent, tasted very fresh and crispy, with a delicious dressing. DH ordered the Beef Carpaccio, which he said had almost no flavor whatsoever.

For entrees, I had the ribeye, which was even more gistly and tougher than the one in Le Bistro. :( This was disappointing. I don't eat a lot of beef at home, but it's a nice treat (usually!) for me on vacation. The ribeye came with a side of polenta, which was not at all good. I took one bite of polenta and left the rest. DH had the lobster fettuccini, which he said (again!) didn’t have much flavor at all. Does the chef not believe in adding herbs and spices?

For dessert, we shared the lemon cheesecake, which was excellent, and the chocolate torte, which was definitely not.

Again, we weren’t wowed by the specialty restaurant, considering the extra money. We decided to eat at Versailles the last two nights as a result.

Day2 – Sea Day

I will say that I was disappointed in the French Press coffee at Cagney’s. I had heard great things about it, but it was VERY weak. So, I ended up bringing my own coffee from our room.

Hey APB! We also had 1 pot of french press that was weak. Being the coffee snobs we are, lol, we know from experience this was water that was not at boiling temperature. There was a rookie server who didn't understand this and we set him straight for the rest of ya!! Perfect from then out for us. Don't give up on the french press! :D

Hey APB! We also had 1 pot of french press that was weak. Being the coffee snobs we are, lol, we know from experience this was water that was not at boiling temperature. There was a rookie server who didn't understand this and we set him straight for the rest of ya!! Perfect from then out for us. Don't give up on the french press! :D

Aha!! Good to know! Thank you for your diligence in setting him straight. ;) I think by then, I had given up and gone straight for the Lavazzo! Which I still miss....sigh.

Hey Arizona!

Put us down for the not happy with the French Press...one time it had umpteen grounds. We never knew what to expect with the coffee. Since this and pour overs are our go-to choices at home we did have a disappointed look into our cups. After the perfection of the Pearl we just chalked it up to another "oh well" and carried on.

I hope you had fun tonight!:)

Linda