Breakaway Questions

fair-winds39

We will be sailing on the Breakaway in 2016. We've cruised many, many times, but only once on Norwegian a long time ago, before "free-style" so we're really not familiar with that way of cruising. We have some questions below regarding reservations for dining and tipping. If anyone could give us some guidance on that, we would really appreciate it.

1. Should we make dinner reservations at any of the complimentary dining venues, or are reservations only needed at the specialty restaurants?

2. If we go to different complimentary places to eat each day, should we tip the waiters, or does the Svc. charge/per day cover the tips. If we happen to dine in the same venue a couple of nights, can we request our same waiters?

On previous cruises, we always went to the MDR for dinner every night; same waiters, same table. This will be a little different, I guess.

Thanks in advance for responses.

]We will be sailing on the Breakaway in 2016. We've cruised many, many times, but only once on Norwegian a long time ago, before "free-style" so we're really not familiar with that way of cruising. We have some questions below regarding reservations for dining and tipping. If anyone could give us some guidance on that, we would really appreciate it.

1. Should we make dinner reservations at any of the complimentary dining venues, or are reservations only needed at the specialty restaurants?

Answer- I would make them for the main dining room as well. At times it gets very busy and the reservation helps.

2. If we go to different complimentary places to eat each day, should we tip the waiters, or does the Svc. charge/per day cover the tips. If we happen to dine in the same venue a couple of nights, can we request our same waiters?

On previous cruises, we always went to the MDR for dinner every night; same waiters, same table. This will be a little different, I guess.

There is really no expectation to tip in the main dining rooms. Only way would just to leave cash on table. As for the same waiter, I guess you can try to ask. They may put you in the same section is possible.

Thanks in advance for responses.

Oh boy, Br...apologies to you and anyone else who may respond. I've been reading these boards for a long time, and just realized there are separate boards for each cruise ship. I always just go to Cruise Lines A-O. I just realized I could go right to a Breakaway board for any other questions I might have.

I think I need a cruise before 2016 for sure!!!!