Carnival Corp. earnings out today.

DaveOKC

We delayed purchasing the stock for years.. Finally in March of 2009 we purchased our 100 shares, through our Broker for $18.24900 a share Total cost was $1895 which included the commission..

We normally take the longer cruises which gives us $250 in OBC for each cruise..

Since 2009 we've collected $1660 in OBC's plus $465 in Dividends which includes the one coming due at the end of this month for $25...When we first received dividends it was $10 per quarter.. In 2011 CCL upped the dividends to $25. per quarter..

Today's closing price was $47.12 per share..

We've done very well since we purchased the stock..Our only regret is we should have purchased more than 100 shares, as it's been a good investment so far..:D:D

Sounds like it has worked great for you! I wish I would have had this info a few years ago :D. Thank you for the details!

You buy the stock through a stock broker. Many people use online discount brokers where the cost to purchase is low, such as around $7 per buy or sell transaction. You need 100 shares to claim the shareholder onboard credit. You do not have to hold the stock for any certain length of time to use the benefit. In addition to the onboard credit benefit, Carnival Corporation has historically paid a dividend on a regular basis. For people that cruise frequently on Carnival brands (HAL, Carnival, Princess, et.al.), it is a worthwhile benefit. Many people buy and hold their CCL stock for years and use the benefit over and over and over.

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=140690&p=irol-sharebenefit

Carnival Corporation also has a DRIP, a dividend reinvestment program, if one wanted to utilize that after buying their CCL shares.

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=140690&p=irol-proxy

Shares of CCL were up $2.70 per share today to $47.12 after announcing better than expected earnings and favorable news, although the stock is down slightly in after-hours trading.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/carnival-shares-rally-as-profit-beats-expectations-2015-03-27

Hope that helps, Ricktan.

Thank you! This is very helpful. My husband (Ricky) has a broker he deals with, just didn't know if there was a "program" y'all had used vs. buying on your own, so you gave me my answer.......DH is all for it! Since we are finally at a point where we want to do (God willing) at 2 cruises a year, at a minimum, from here on and it seems like a sound investment it makes sense to do it. Glad I asked a "dumb" question.....I have received terrific answers!

Tanya

We delayed purchasing the stock for years.. Finally in March of 2009 we purchased our 100 shares, through our Broker for $18.24900 a share Total cost was $1895 which included the commission..

We normally take the longer cruises which gives us $250 in OBC for each cruise..

Since 2009 we've collected $1660 in OBC's plus $465 in Dividends which includes the one coming due at the end of this month for $25...When we first received dividends it was $10 per quarter.. In 2011 CCL upped the dividends to $25. per quarter..

Today's closing price was $47.12 per share..

We've done very well since we purchased the stock..Our only regret is we should have purchased more than 100 shares, as it's been a good investment so far..:D:D

Darn it! I should have bought when it was $28.00 a share!

If you cruise any of the CCL lines frequently, your investment to purchase CCL stock can easily zero out the cost of your cash purchase investment - it's already done that for us and now we love the dividends, the stock appreciation and the OBC!

Edited by boze9999