Balcony cabin on Oasis - Need Advice

This post is in reference to the Oasis!

OH boy! We just decided that we should go for a balcony cabin rather than an ocean-view (they are only $120 difference). So, now I need advice on cabin 6608.

I wanted a cabin on a higher deck than this, but this is what the travel agent has available. I think I figured out that the bed is by the balcony which is great (am I right)?

It is, however, located just next to one of the humps. Does this have any impact on the view or does it not really matter? Any feedback about cabins on the 6th deck versus the 10th or 11th? We had a balcony on 10 the last time we were on Oasis, back in 2010. :) Please let me know what you think. I need to book this, if I am going to, by 8:00 to get the deal from the T.A.

Thanks! :D:D

Holly

This post is in reference to the Oasis!

OH boy! We just decided that we should go for a balcony cabin rather than an ocean-view (they are only $120 difference). So, now I need advice on cabin 6608.

I wanted a cabin on a higher deck than this, but this is what the travel agent has available. I think I figured out that the bed is by the balcony which is great (am I right)?

It is, however, located just next to one of the humps. Does this have any impact on the view or does it not really matter? Any feedback about cabins on the 6th deck versus the 10th or 11th? We had a balcony on 10 the last time we were on Oasis, back in 2010. :) Please let me know what you think. I need to book this, if I am going to, by 8:00 to get the deal from the T.A.

Thanks! :D:D

Holly

Yes, bed by the balcony in 6608. Your view directly forward will be slightly obstructed by the hump.

On our Oasis cruise, we had cabin 11190. It was on the port side, just at the front of the hump. Our balcony was slightly larger (6680 is not). We did not have any issues with the hump blocking any views. It doesn't matter IMO which cabin you are in, there are 2 humps on each side. One of the nice things about being on deck 6, you are close to the water, and also close to the promenade. Also, I love the bed by the balcony setup! When in bed, you can look right out at the ocean! :D I always try to get this setup in our cabins. I would take 6680.

On our Oasis cruise, we had cabin 11190. It was on the port side, just at the front of the hump. Our balcony was slightly larger (6680 is not). We did not have any issues with the hump blocking any views. It doesn't matter IMO which cabin you are in, there are 2 humps on each side. One of the nice things about being on deck 6, you are close to the water, and also close to the promenade. Also, I love the bed by the balcony setup! When in bed, you can look right out at the ocean! :D I always try to get this setup in our cabins. I would take 6680.

Thanks for the response! I think I am going to go for it. I know we will love it and yes, being close to the water is a great thing. I appreciate the help. Booking now!!!!! :D (oh the cabin is 6608, not 6680, but I looked and they both are the same category so I don't think it matters). Funny thing is, last time I cruised Oasis we had 10680 and it was the perfect location. I wish it really was 6680 LOL!!!!! Thanks again,

Holly

As long as YOU aren't steering the ship, the forward view shouldn't make any difference!

Can't argue with that! Very true! :D LOL I was just curious if it was a big deal to anyone. I am quite sure that will NOT ruin my trip - HA HA!

Holly:p

We had ocean facing balcony 6678 on Oasis and loved that location! Just a few steps to the aft elevators with Boardwalk right there and the Royal Promenade open below, we got to see and do a lot of unplanned things by simply being in the right place at the right time. We were also fortunate to be in front of the opening in the 3 aft lifeboats so that we had a straight down view on our balcony.

While you are concerned about being located behind the hump, I personally would be concerned about being in the middle of a long hallway of cabins. Perhaps you or your TA might want to keep an eye out to see if a cabin in your category closer to the aft elevators opens up.

~ Judy

• 1 year later...

gandh621, I'd love to hear how the cabin was. We booked a guarantee for this September and were assigned it. I'm most interested in how the lifeboats below and the "hump" directly next to it affect the view. Any information you can offer would be very much appreciated!

Edited by acejc

• 4 months later...

I realize this is an old thread, but @debshomespun, would you recommend 11190. I see it as available on the sailing that I am thinking about booking. Thanks,

• 1 month later...
Thanks for the response! I think I am going to go for it. I know we will love it and yes, being close to the water is a great thing. I appreciate the help. Booking now!!!!! :D (oh the cabin is 6608...

We just booked cabin 6608 last night - how was it? :)