OBC applied to account

WhoDatNation

I stopped using PVP's a long time ago due to way too many calls after telling them I will only call when I'm ready to book a cruise. Once I figured out how to do everything on my own along with reading cruise critic. It was a simple call not to use a PVP anymore.

Perhaps not so simple considering the problem you are now dealing with. A good pvp should be able to take care of this easily. Just sayin'.

I can say, my pvp never bothers me with calls, but as has been said by others, you need to find the right one, which is not always so easy I gather. We got lucky I guess. Our first and only one has been great. She came recommended by a friend so again, too bad we can't provide names here.

PVP are really the answer. If the one you have calls you a lot or calls you every time you sign on, let him/her know what your expectations are to continue dealing with them. If they keep it up, fire them and find a new one. We had a recommendation for ours and she has done an exceptional job for us. Never calls us unless we have left a message for her. She also has her own facebook account and posts possible good deals and sales there so you get notified on things that are happening rather than getting annoying telephone calls.

I always book with a PVP. We have had 3 different ones over the years, but guess we got lucky every time because they have all been great. I do know that they are not all that way. I would suggest trying different ones until you get one you like.

We cruise once a year in April and my PVP knows this. He also knows that we will start looking at cruises late summer and will book around October. I normally talk with him after we narrow down our choices and he keeps an eye out for pricing. He only calls me if there is a special rate on a cruise we are looking at. Any questions I have he is able to answer and I am always able to reach him. Just touched base with him last week about our cruise in 2 weeks. He made suggestions for activities at all the ports we will be cruising to. He confirmed that all in our group (4 cabins) are linked together for dinner and confirmed our OBC.

If you get a good PVP they can be your best friend. I hope you get an answer to your situation soon. Enjoy your cruise!!