OBC applied to account

WhoDatNation

I recently had a price drop and saw where they lowered my price but my account does not show my OBC. I called Carnival and was told it usually takes a few days before it's posted. It this true? If I'm seeing they made the adjustment, don't you think I should see my OBC as well? I'm so sick of Carnival with their BS and these rules and reps have very poor customer service.

I recently had a price drop and saw where they lowered my price but my account does not show my OBC. I called Carnival and was told it usually takes a few days before it's posted. It this true? If I'm seeing they made the adjustment, don't you think I should see my OBC as well? I'm so sick of Carnival with their BS and these rules and reps have very poor customer service.

If that is how you feel, why do you continue to cruise with them. Lots of alternate choices.

If that is how you feel, why do you continue to cruise with them. Lots of alternate choices.

I took a 6 year break from them because of the poor customer service in the past. I hate complaining and usually just brush things off but I decided to give them another shot and once again they are failing.

Are you before or after final payment? If you are before then there is no OBC but the final amount due is reduced. If after then you can check for the OBC on your documents.

This is after my final payment. My cruise is paid in full. They have helped in the past but lately, they have been HORRIBLE. I spoke to someone tonight by the name of Kenya and she was so horrible, I just finished writing Carnival a letter. As paying customers, I feel we are not asking for a lot. It's small things to keep a customer happy but these reps don't get it for some reason. Some go out of their way to help you and some just don't give a crap.

The same thing happened to me. I called and the First Lady said to wait patiently, but to keep checking. It never showed up, so I called again today, the second nice lady said the first must not have filled out the proper form. She did it while we were on the phone and this afternoon I had it added on to my OBC. Don't be afraid to call, be nice and they will take care of you. It's owed to you, be persistent.

Having a similar situation. Basically when I view it online it isn't accurate but the cabin confirmation they emailed me is accurate. My Pvp told me to just refer to the cabin confirmation.

They have another thread of a ton of people complaining about when they submit a price protection form, they never hear from Carnival and they have to call them to get the adjustments made. Carnival reps make you feel like you don't know what you are doing and refuse to assist depends on who you speak with on the phone. I shouldn't have to fuss for something to get done.

They have another thread of a ton of people complaining about when they submit a price protection form, they never hear from Carnival and they have to call them to get the adjustments made. Carnival reps make you feel like you don't know what you are doing and refuse to assist depends on who you speak with on the phone. I shouldn't have to fuss for something to get done.

Interesting--I submitted a price reduction form last week and my price was adjusted within 20 minutes.

I guess I just balanced out one of the complaints.

The same thing happened to me. I called and the First Lady said to wait patiently, but to keep checking. It never showed up, so I called again today, the second nice lady said the first must not have filled out the proper form. She did it while we were on the phone and this afternoon I had it added on to my OBC. Don't be afraid to call, be nice and they will take care of you. It's owed to you, be persistent.

I'm a very nice person and I think that's what's making me sooooo angry at them. Some of the reps are just horrible and rude for no reason. I book all my cruises on my own and only give them a call when something is wrong. I called to upgrade my interior room to an ocean view and the reps was refusing to do it saying I had to do it online. Unbelievable that they did it AFTER I asked to speak with a supervisor. It should take that IMHO

Interesting--I submitted a price reduction form last week and my price was adjusted within 20 minutes.

I guess I just balanced out one of the complaints.

That's how it should be done. No way it should take DAYS after a form is submitted. It just started getting this bad. I use to submit a form around midnight and it was approved in 15 minutes. They need to fix this issue ASAP

It will be posted on your info. 'Print' out your luggage tags and it will be posted there.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but I have printed out all my info and still can't see anything about my OBC. Is there anywhere else I can find it online? Otherwise I will just call Carnival tomorrow. Thanks!

Sorry to hijack the thread, but I have printed out all my info and still can't see anything about my OBC. Is there anywhere else I can find it online? Otherwise I will just call Carnival tomorrow. Thanks!

Feel free to post. We all are dealing with this foolishness by Carnival. I LOVE cruising with them but the reps make some things soooo difficult where it shouldn't be. Enough is enough

I, too filled out the form and received a confirmation email within a half hour. When I went and looked at my cruise docs, the OBC was noted.

I also got a very prompt answer from a rep when I had a passport question.

I guess it's just different for everyone.

I, too filled out the form and received a confirmation email within a half hour. When I went and looked at my cruise docs, the OBC was noted.

I also got a very prompt answer from a rep when I had a passport question.

I guess it's just different for everyone.

That's all we are asking for. Nothing more, nothing less. They need to be consistent around the board and process request in a timely manner.

It will be posted on the page where the boarding pass and luggage tags are. Click to print everything. It will be towards the end, under your billing info.

I have filled out the form on 6 different occasions. Each time I never heard anything from Carnival yay or nay. Had to call every single time. One rep proceeded to chastise me for not following the procedure. I asked her if she thought I was insane. She said why and I responded with why would I continue to do the same thing over and over expecting a different result. I don't know why Carnival can't get this right.

I'm a very nice person and I think that's what's making me sooooo angry at them. Some of the reps are just horrible and rude for no reason. I book all my cruises on my own and only give them a call when something is wrong. I called to upgrade my interior room to an ocean view and the reps was refusing to do it saying I had to do it online. Unbelievable that they did it AFTER I asked to speak with a supervisor. It should take that IMHO

How about using a PVP. You deal with the same person all of the time and since they get a commission from your booking, they have a vested interest in taking care of you. Sounds like the method you are using now is bascially throwing darts. Granted, not all PVP's are created equal, but ours has been great for the past 10 years.

If I have a question, issue, or a price drop, I call or email my PVP and BOOM, it's done.

Good luck to ya.

How about using a PVP. You deal with the same person all of the time and since they get a commission from your booking, they have a vested interest in taking care of you. Sounds like the method you are using now is bascially throwing darts. Granted, not all PVP's are created equal, but ours has been great for the past 10 years.

If I have a question, issue, or a price drop, I call or email my PVP and BOOM, it's done.

My experience as well. To bad we can't provide names on the board.

OK, so when was the price drop and has it been a few days?

If so call back and ask to escalate it up the chain.

I have never had an issue calling Carnival. Anytime you feel you are dealing with someone who may be less than helpful/knowledgeable, say thank you, hang up and call back to speak with a different agent. Not something you should have to do but every company has it's poor performers.

Good luck to ya.

I stopped using PVP's a long time ago due to way too many calls after telling them I will only call when I'm ready to book a cruise. Once I figured out how to do everything on my own along with reading cruise critic. It was a simple call not to use a PVP anymore.

OK, so when was the price drop and has it been a few days?

If so call back and ask to escalate it up the chain.

I have never had an issue calling Carnival. Anytime you feel you are dealing with someone who may be less than helpful/knowledgeable, say thank you, hang up and call back to speak with a different agent. Not something you should have to do but every company has it's poor performers.

That's exactly what I have been doing. It's so hit and miss with them it becomes annoying.