Getaway theater shows

solehigh

You may want to book Legally Blonde and Burn the Floor. There is no cost, you will be guaranteed a seat and you can cancel if you want.

The Welcome Aboard Show and the Comedy showcase that is held in the theatre do not take reservations.

Still?.. About Levity reservations in the Headliners venue. I made reservations via the pre-concierge but they do not seem to be available on line any,ore.

We are traveling June 13 on Getaway.

You don't have to but it is highly recommended they only have a few shows each cruise and it will s very hard to walk in, I didn't make a reservation on my last time on the getaway and almost was not able to get in to legally blonde.

Are you able to make show reservations in advance of your sailing? We have a booking for 11/29/15 and don't see any options for that online (plenty of options for excursions). Maybe it is only available within a certain number of days of sailing?

Are you able to make show reservations in advance of your sailing? We have a booking for 11/29/15 and don't see any options for that online (plenty of options for excursions). Maybe it is only available within a certain number of days of sailing?

Reservations open up 100 days ahead for suites, 90 days for everyone else.

I am confused... Freestyle cruising, but you need to make reservations for shows??? Doesn't sound so freestyle.

Can you make reservations the day of the show? Or do you need to do it before you board?

Edited by mpcaruth

You don't gave make reservations but I would highly recommend it, the point behind the whole freestyle concept of NCL is that you pick when u want to do something like dinner or activities. But they only offer a few opertunites to see the headliner shows. So if u really want to see them I would make a reservation for when u want to.

Could someone please tell me the running time for the shows? I'm trying to plan dinners and shows with enough time in between that we don't have to feel rushed. Burn the Floor says it's 45 minutes in the description and pretty sure I read somewhere that the Illusionarium show is around 90 minutes (please correct me if I'm wrong on this one) but I can't find anything on Legally Blond other than a short description.

Plan on legally blonde to run between 2 -2 1/2 hours in length. I saw the show last time I was on the Getaway, if I remember there was like 45 mins between the shows on the night they had two of them. Hope that helps.

Could someone please tell me the running time for the shows? I'm trying to plan dinners and shows with enough time in between that we don't have to feel rushed. Burn the Floor says it's 45 minutes in the description and pretty sure I read somewhere that the Illusionarium show is around 90 minutes (please correct me if I'm wrong on this one) but I can't find anything on Legally Blond other than a short description.

I don't know if you are aware that the Illusionarium is a Dinner show. Or maybe you just planned to eat somewhere else anyway? Some people do not care for the fixed menu for the show, but we did not think it was bad.

I am confused... Freestyle cruising, but you need to make reservations for shows??? Doesn't sound so freestyle.

Can you make reservations the day of the show? Or do you need to do it before you board?

Only the Epic, Breakaway, Getaway and the new Escape will have shows that can be reserved. If you are on other ships, the entertainment is all walk in.

The 4 newest ships all have multiple entertainment options in various venues and the shows will rotate throughout the week. The main theatre where for instance Legally Blonde and Burn the Floor is held will not hold even 50% of the passengers on board, so reservations can be made to spread people out a little throughout the week. The Dinner Show venues likewise hold a smaller number of people. Certain things like the comedy shows can be reserved, but we've always found then easy to just walk in to.

People do book once on board, so you can try that if you like, or 10 or 15 minutes pre show, if there are still available seats, you can line up and just walk in. On Getaway, for instance, we only booked Illusionarium ( a dinner show ) and Legally Blonde pre cruise. The rest we just winged.

Plan on legally blonde to run between 2 -2 1/2 hours in length. I saw the show last time I was on the Getaway, if I remember there was like 45 mins between the shows on the night they had two of them. Hope that helps.

Thanks Snipedog, this is the info I was looking for. Since it's such a long show, we would be better off to eat first then go see the show after :)

I don't know if you are aware that the Illusionarium is a Dinner show. Or maybe you just planned to eat somewhere else anyway? Some people do not care for the fixed menu for the show, but we did not think it was bad.

Thanks punkin, I knew dinner was included with that one so that I don't have to book dinner reservations as well. :)

Kinda bummed that having UDP no longer gives us the first night free AND it also appears that the UDP doesn't even qualify us for the 20% discount as some other posters had mentioned. Must be one of those recent changes:(

We saw on Legally Blonde on the Getaway this last week. The show time was 90 minutes. We saw the 7:30 showing and it was sold out when I checked on board. In fact both of the early shows were sold out on board and I think the first Kate on the day I checked.

We reserved online in advance and they scan your card as you enter the theatre. It was a great show.

Thanks punkin, I knew dinner was included with that one so that I don't have to book dinner reservations as well. :)

Kinda bummed that having UDP no longer gives us the first night free AND it also appears that the UDP doesn't even qualify us for the 20% discount as some other posters had mentioned. Must be one of those recent changes:(

Yeah, too bad you are sailing before 7-03 when the UDP specifies that you get a 25% discount on entertainment dining. Maybe if first night reservations for Illusionarium are slow for your sailing they will again offer a discount perk as an incentive to fill up the venue. It's the best you can hope for.

Thanks so much to all who have posted! After reading this the other evening, I was able to make our reservations for Legally Blonde (huge fan of the movie :D) and Burn the Floor. As far as dinner reservations, my family plans on taking advantage of all of the "complimentary" dining :) And we plan on doing it freestyle...haha! Very excited to try this out as our other cruises have always been at set times.

Edited by MandyMommyof2