Final Docs

2552phxcrzr

Reading the website FAQs and such to become familiar with the cruiseline since this will be our first Oceania cruise. I was surprised to find that there is no online option for final docs. THE FAQs state the final docs are sent about 21 days before sailing to the travel agent. The problem is we will already be traveling overseas well before then so having her forward paper docs might present a problem.

So, my concern is the 21-day time frame. We all know websites say one thing and actual experience may be different. So is Oceania pretty true to the 21-day mailing of the docs? Do I really need them? Might the final invoice showing full payment be sufficient? We're doing cruise-only; no air with Oceania. We'll be boarding Nautica in Civitavecchia if embarkation port makes a difference.

Usually the final docs are via Email

All you need to check in is you passports & credit card

I do take the personal pages from my cruise planner that arrive 4-8 wks prior to the cruise with luggage tags in the back

If you do not get that before you leave you could take your invoice incase the port security want proof you are on the sailing

Lyn

The final docs for our April 21st cruise were mailed out on February 20th. The only problem was we never received them. When I realized that people had been receiving their docs for a cruise a month later than ours, our TA checked with Oceania which sent out replacement docs by Fedx and which we received in plenty of time.

As Lyn says, you DO get proof of passage by email closer to the date. The only thing you need in the final booklet is the luggage tags ...

Mura

The final docs for our April 21st cruise were mailed out on February 20th. The only problem was we never received them.

Mura

Was that the cruise planner you did not get??

I am surprised that final docs were sent that early

Ours come from my wonderful TA about 3 weeks prior via email

The Planner does come earlier but I do not consider them final docs

Lyn

It was the "Cruise Vacation Guide (Official Documents)" that we did not receive. But we also did not get the email version until I asked why we hadn't yet received anything.

A fellow passenger who lives in Israel got his documents before we did! Maybe they were mailed so early because we have a goodly number of people living outside of the U.S. on our cruise -- at least going by those on our roll call the are. Although that's no longer very unusual, is it?

Mura

Edited by Mura

We are due to sail on June 3rd and have not received any pre cruise documentation. When I contacted my TA I was told that Oceania no longer send these out and I am expected to print luggage labels at home.

Surely the TA has made a mistake? or is this a result of the NCL takeover?

That strikes me as just plain crazy. The documents we received a week ago contain luggage tags.

How else is O supposed to know where to deliver your bags? Are they also declining to bring your bags to your stateroom?

Impossible to believe.

Mura

We are due to sail on June 3rd and have not received any pre cruise documentation. When I contacted my TA I was told that Oceania no longer send these out and I am expected to print luggage labels at home.

Your TA is mistaken:rolleyes: we've had pre cruise information. I believe that they are from 'O' in Southampton who send them to our TA, who gives them a final check before she sends them to us. :)

That strikes me as just plain crazy. The documents we received a week ago contain luggage tags.

How else is O supposed to know where to deliver your bags? Are they also declining to bring your bags to your stateroom?

Impossible to believe.

Mura

Hi Mura, impossible or not, that's what I was told :(

Your TA is mistaken:rolleyes: we've had pre cruise information. I believe that they are from 'O' in Southampton who send them to our TA, who gives them a final check before she sends them to us. :)

Yes, in the past we have received pre cruise booklets containing luggage tags for our Oceania cruises.

We received one for our October cruise last year.

He quoted from an email he purported to have received from O.:(

Uh? We've received our blurb for our cruise in May. I believe that you may be on the cruise following ours.....Marina departing Southampton June 3?

Yes, we're on the June 3rd cruise.:)

When did you receive your 'blurb', I assume you mean the itinerary, shore excursion and luggage tags blurb :p

I've emailed Oceania Club to get some clarification on this.

Edited by Glenndale

Hi Mura, impossible or not, that's what I was told :(

I don't doubt that's what you were told! But it must be a mistake ...

Celebrity may typically have passengers print their own luggage tags but Oceania hasn't done it that way in the past ...

Mura

When did you receive your 'blurb', I assume you mean the itinerary, shore excursion and luggage tags blurb :p

Anyone on your Roll Call also from the UK ?

Did they get the same answer ?

I would think the planner for your cruise would arrive in the next week or so as Turnip Eater & others started getting theirs for the cruise before your not long ago

Got mine Mar 27th for May 18th cruise

Lyn

Edited by LHT28

Changes may be afoot as my TA also just mentioned to me when I spoke to her an hour ago that the documents will be online for us to complete after final payment. So, I guess I'll just wait for a while and see how it all shakes out.

It sounds like the TA just doesn't know and guessed it would be the same as mass market cruise lines. As far as I know, and I'm fairly familiar with the Oceania web site, there is no facility to print out your own.

Yes, that's correct about the blurb. We received ours on April 1st:)

Changes may be afoot as my TA also just mentioned to me when I spoke to her an hour ago that the documents will be online for us to complete after final payment. So, I guess I'll just wait for a while and see how it all shakes out.

There is a Guest Registration form you fill out online with your passport # & other info

You can check & see if that is filled out & complete anytime after your deposit usually

Go to My Account > manage this booking > guest registration form

There is a Guest Registration form you fill out online with your passport # & other info

You can check & see if that is filled out & complete anytime after your deposit usually

Go to My Account > manage this booking > guest registration form

Already done ... I did that after we deposited last year ;-)

We just received our booklet and luggage tags, as usual, for a May cruise, so no change.

Since Oceania does a 30-40 page booklet we found that when we were using an agent not familiar with Oceania that they just thought it was advertising and threw it away.

Since changing with an agent familiar with Oceania, no problem, although we have everything mailed directly to us. I see no reason for it to go to the agent so they can "review" it. They may consider it a marketing tool to review it but all it does is increase the possibility of it being delayed or lost.

As stated you also received e-mailed final docs a couple of weeks before the cruise. They are helpful to print out in case an over zealous security guard wants to see proof you are on the cruise.