Explorer in dry Dock.

A selection of the new deck plans. If you want to see any of the others just change the deck number in the web link once it's open.

Don't pay any attention to the solarium being referred to as having a glass roof though - they've always said that, even though it's never been true.

You'd have thought if they were going to the effort of changing the diagrams they'd change the wording!

Deck 14

Deck 13

Deck 12

Deck 5

Deck 4

Deck 3

Thanks for sharing those Shelley!! No surprises in there compared to previous Voyager class revitalisations. So goodness knows why RCI want to shroud the refit in secrecy. Saw in their FB yesterday where someone asked when was Explorer going into dry dock. They actually said not right now and couldn't see anything happening until late April. [emoji43][emoji53][emoji33].

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for sharing those Shelley!! No surprises in there compared to previous Voyager class revitalisations. So goodness knows why RCI want to shroud the refit in secrecy. Saw in their FB yesterday where someone asked when was Explorer going into dry dock. They actually said not right now and couldn't see anything happening until late April. [emoji43][emoji53][emoji33].

:confused: It's a shame there is no emoticon for bashing your head against a brick wall!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Don't you just love the RCI reps

bang-head-on-wall.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Great news to hear the Explorer is being refitted! (Didn't care for the little, windowless Diamond Club Lounge, for one thing.) I read something about the Voyager having the virtual balconies offering real time, outdoor views. I wonder how to know if the Explorer is getting those and if so, which inside cabins will have them? We are trying to decide on a cabin for a sailing in 2016 right now. :confused: The savings to us for an inside over a not very well located outside cabin would be great. However, our cruise will have 3 sea days in a row plus about 2 others, I think, out of an 11 day cruise. Seems like a lot of time to go w/out ever having daylight in the cabin as we tend to chill out inside our cabin a little on sea days on a longer cruise. A virtual balcony would make it a bit easier, I'd think.

Great news to hear the Explorer is being refitted! (Didn't care for the little, windowless Diamond Club Lounge, for one thing.) I read something about the Voyager having the virtual balconies offering real time, outdoor views. I wonder how to know if the Explorer is getting those and if so, which inside cabins will have them? We are trying to decide on a cabin for a sailing in 2016 right now. :confused: The savings to us for an inside over a not very well located outside cabin would be great. However, our cruise will have 3 sea days in a row plus about 2 others, I think, out of an 11 day cruise. Seems like a lot of time to go w/out ever having daylight in the cabin as we tend to chill out inside our cabin a little on sea days on a longer cruise. A virtual balcony would make it a bit easier, I'd think.

Look for category "J" interior staterooms. I saw some on decks 9 and 10.

Thanks, Clarea. You actually knew more than the RCI sales reservationist did today! First I called and spoke to someone who picked up for the ext. re: "questions about a future cruise". She verified the cabins with the virtual balconies were cat. Js, but after checking said they were all booked. I asked about getting on a waiting list. She then transferred me to someone else in reservations. That person searched several ways only to find not only were those cabins not booked, there weren't any! He searched future cruises and found one in June, I think, or maybe July. Also, some dates offered them and some did not. Crazy! It's another "right hand not knowing what the left is doing" thing, I think. (At least the reservationist tried hard to find an answer for me.)

Thanks, Clarea. You actually knew more than the RCI sales reservationist did today! First I called and spoke to someone who picked up for the ext. re: "questions about a future cruise". She verified the cabins with the virtual balconies were cat. Js, but after checking said they were all booked. I asked about getting on a waiting list. She then transferred me to someone else in reservations. That person searched several ways only to find not only were those cabins not booked, there weren't any! He searched future cruises and found one in June, I think, or maybe July. Also, some dates offered them and some did not. Crazy! It's another "right hand not knowing what the left is doing" thing, I think. (At least the reservationist tried hard to find an answer for me.)

YEP! Very much a case of left hand vs right hand!! RCI Australia still doesn't want to even admit that Explorer has been revitalised lol! Like its the first one they have done ha ha!:confused::p

Hang in there! I would try again shortly - as she has only just left dry dock they may not have full updated capacity in their system. Although funny thing is the 'new' Panorama Outside cabins that have been added to Deck 12 have been showing up for quite a while now! Go figure! Also, in comparing them on Voyager of the Seas (she had them added last year) pricewise they were the dearest inside cabin, but just shy of the lead in outside cabin prices.

Also a few posts back someone has kindly given links to the UPDATED Explorer of the Seas deck plans...if the deck you want (say Deck 10) is not showing - click on any one of the links then in the URL of your browser, modify the 'DECKxx' reference to the one your after (its towards the end of the long gobbledygook WWW reference!!).

Cheers!

Matt