Price protection- early saver only?

Cruznjuly

Hi

I've been watching a certain cruise for months... Price doesn't change much for each of the "sales"- maybe a few bucks here or there.

Wondering if early saver is the only rate with price protection. I'm seeing the "triple play" or "more the merrier" and things like that... reading fine print doesn't mention price protection, but doesn't say it doesn't have it either.

Thanks for help!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Generally for the promo rates like Military, Resident, Senior, Military... you can get a fare reduction up to final payment deadline. With Early Saver (and it's added restrictions) you can get fare reductions up to several days before sailing. Your price matching has to be for same sailing, same Cabin Category and Occupancy. Other Rates you have to read the fine print. Ken

There's also a window of time, 48 hours, past the time you book any rate that's not Early Saver, for you to receive OBC if Carnival suddenly drops the price. Again, it's only 48 hours but I've received almost $100 in OBC that way because the price of the cruise I booked dropped drastically the morning after I booked it.

Just google Carnival Lowest Price Gurantee

So if your category (like mine which is extended balcony aft) is sold out, there is no way to get a price protection anyway, right?

That happened to us on the Miracle a couple years ago. I booked a category 9B for four people, of which there are only two on the entire ship. The price for 9B dropped drastically, but nobody can help me because the available cabins could not fit four people.

Normally as long as you haven't reached final payment deadline, there was a chance of changing rates/persons in cabin and so on... are you in the crunch period?

Nope, haven't even booked it yet.