Please Help on Transportation to and from Port of Miami from Fort Lauderdale Airport

trishb13

I am Flying into Fort Lauderdale Airport on April 23 with a party of 4. Please give me the safest and quickest transportation to the Port of Miami. I have seen several ways to get there and they all look fine but I need your feedback. We will need to return the same way for a flight out as well. I did call the Port of Miami and Customer Service said taxi which I know there are other ways. We had thought of car rental but then we would need to drop of car and the port informed me that there is no drop off there. I am so confused. Carnival will transport to and from for $120.00 for 2 people which I thought was a little pricey.

Any suggestions I would appreciate!

Flying in the day of your cruise? :confused:

As mentioned above lots of shared shuttle options starting at about $15 per person from FLL to POM. The same shuttles can transport you back to FLL after your cruise for the same price. The drive from FLL to POM takes about 45+ minutes. If you r flight is delayed and you are in danger of missing check-in time for your ship :eek: (check your papers, usually 90+ minutes prior to departure) a taxi (no waiting for a shuttle!) for about $80+ on the meter is a good option; for 4 it is not that much more than the shuttle.

If you are flying in at least one day early a one way rental is a good option; National, Alamo & Thrifty offer free POM shuttles from their MIA airport location. Avis & Budget are close to POM in downtown Miami - about a $12 cab ride from the port.