Transfer reservation to TA before 60 days-do I need to worry?

I booked Allure for April 2016, reservation was made on 2/14/15. I am aware I have 60 days from the original booking and before final payment to transfer to TA.

On 4/6/15, I filled out a form on the RC website to transfer the reservation to my travel agent and received an email confirmation that RC received my transfer request. The confirmation said it could take 2-3 weeks to process. I am fine with that. I just logged into My Cruises and saw that my reservation is still there and has not been transferred yet.

The 2-3 weeks processing period obviously pushes this beyond the 60-day window. Do I need to do anything else now, or am I good to go because I have the email confirmation? I still have a few days to go before the 60-days is up, so I thought I'd ask the experts here. Thanks for your help!

I booked Allure for April 2016, reservation was made on 2/14/15. I am aware I have 60 days from the original booking and before final payment to transfer to TA.

On 4/6/15, I filled out a form on the RC website to transfer the reservation to my travel agent and received an email confirmation that RC received my transfer request. The confirmation said it could take 2-3 weeks to process. I am fine with that. I just logged into My Cruises and saw that my reservation is still there and has not been transferred yet.

The 2-3 weeks processing period obviously pushes this beyond the 60-day window. Do I need to do anything else now, or am I good to go because I have the email confirmation? I still have a few days to go before the 60-days is up, so I thought I'd ask the experts here. Thanks for your help!

My transferred reservations still show up in My Cruises. However, when they do transfer, I can see the name of the travel agency on the cruise summary.

I think you are fine. They are probably prioritizing earlier sailings. I booked after final and I got the same 2-3 weeks message but it went through in 24 hours.

Yes, you should be able to see the TA name on your booking once it's transferred.

Edited by marci22

• 1 month later...
When you transfer, do you still make payments to RC website or do you pay TA directly? Is it still a convenient process? Any disadvantages?

When you transfer, you can no longer use Royal's website to make payments. You must deal with the TA. Whether it's convenient depends on the TA and what you think is convenient.

For me, I think it's very convenient because I send an email to the TA and tell her to pay XXX on a cruise. She already has our credit card info, so there's nothing more for me to do. Whenever she makes a payment, she sends me a new invoice with the current balance.

When you transfer, you can no longer use Royal's website to make payments. You must deal with the TA. Whether it's convenient depends on the TA and what you think is convenient.

For me, I think it's very convenient because I send an email to the TA and tell her to pay XXX on a cruise. She already has our credit card info, so there's nothing more for me to do. Whenever she makes a payment, she sends me a new invoice with the current balance.

Thanks for the info. Online TA's ok or you use local? Also is there usually a contact person assigned to your booking?

I have always done direct and found a few perks that would benefit me. Would the original perks offered by RC go away ? (Champagne and Strawberries) or would that be added to what the TA offers?

Sorry for all the questions

Everything you got from the cruise line will transfer with your booking. Anything you get from the travel agent is a bonus. We always book through an online agency and in all cases, the extra percs are very worthwhile. They have our credit card number on file and they give it to the line when the final payment is due. No worries. All charges are made, and paid to the cruise line, never to the travel agency.

Thanks for the info. Online TA's ok or you use local? Also is there usually a contact person assigned to your booking?

I have always done direct and found a few perks that would benefit me. Would the original perks offered by RC go away ? (Champagne and Strawberries) or would that be added to what the TA offers?

Sorry for all the questions

My TA works for an agency with an online presence, but I don't use their website. I call or email the contact person directly. If she happens to be unavailable at some critical time, I can call someone else in the agency.

Great Thanks for the info. I guess I will try it. Any chance you know what step to take next? I booked with Royal last month. Do I call them or the TA?

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqType=faq&faqSubjectId=323&faqSubjectName=After+You+Purchase&faqId=2004