NOLA Port Traffic

alabamadrifter

Thanks LC...we are onboard. I just had to vent. We live equidistant between NO and Port Canaveral. We are typically NCL customers but may have to rethink that and sail Carnival out of PC.

Understood. :)

Also sorry that RCI has pulled out of New Orleans. :( So... I will recommend them for PC - Freedom of the Seas and Oasis of the Seas sail from PC and perhaps you might enjoy a Royal Caribbean cruise.

Six consecutive years sailing out of NO and never longer than 10 minutes from hotel to ship! Not sure what you saw, but usually there are more cops along the pier than the rest of the city!!:D

Where were you parking that you couldn't get to it?

RV....we were in the Julia Street Parking Lot across from the cruise ship. I'm learning that it may have been the perfect storm of traffic and atypical of the area.

It was raining, there was a music festival in the French Quarter and two cruise ships departing at 4pm.

I commented to my wife that we probably wouldn't depart at 4pm as most of the passengers were sitting in traffic. Sure enough they announced we would leave later because they were "waiting on supplies."