Roatan 9am-6pm..is it possible to Swim with Dolphins and Tabyana Beach Break

kentuckyluckyguy

Agree with zqvol. If you're looking at the Carnival excursion for swim with the dolphins, it's at the cruise center beach in Mahogany Bay and the time of the event would probably not correspond with the time of the excursion to Tabayana which is at least 30-45 minutes away on the west side of the island. You could, however, do the dolphin swim and then take a taxi to West Bay (which is the same stretch of beach as Tabayana). You won't have access to any of the resorts or beach clubs facilities there unless you reach out in advance and purchase a day pass from one of them, Like Maya Princess or Bananarama.

You could also do both the dolphin swim and a beach on the same side of the island as Tabayana but a little further to the north, by contacting Anthony's Key in Sandy Bay. I haven't seen reviews on the dolphin swim at MBCC, but, based on the layout of the main beach area, I'd be doubtful it is anywhere near the type of dolphin swim you'd get at Anthony's or at Chankanaab Park on Cozumel.

Thanks. I've been to Tabyana and really want to go back on our October cruise and we've never done the Dolphin swim before so that's on the list for this time. At Cozumel our go to spot is Nachi Cocum and we don't want to miss that so I was looking at Roatan for dolphins. Perhaps I should look at Costa Maya for the dolphins instead?

Thanks. I've been to Tabyana and really want to go back on our October cruise and we've never done the Dolphin swim before so that's on the list for this time. At Cozumel our go to spot is Nachi Cocum and we don't want to miss that so I was looking at Roatan for dolphins. Perhaps I should look at Costa Maya for the dolphins instead?

Mixed reviews on Dolphin Discovery in CM. Some say its too small of a pool. Do check out Anthony's Key in Roatan and see if that might work better for you. http://www.anthonyskey.com/

Thanks for the Anthony's Key recommendation! We are also doing Nachi while in Cozumel and this may be a great option to swim with dolphins. It was going to have to be either Roatan or Belize. My only concern is whether they will refund payment if for some reason the ship can't dock, which seems to happen more often in Roatan than other stops. $119 for a dolphin swim seems a great deal, too. The Carnival excursions run much closer to $200

The only problem is that the only dates available in June are on Mondays and Tuesdays. I don't know if the other days are all just booked or what. I may email and see if they have some kind of waitlist.

Edited by BigB0882

Contact West Bay Tours -- they do a great dolphin encounter for about an hour ($90) and they can probably customize a tour for you and take you West Bay Beach as well. I heard people rave about them.

Anthony's Key Resort is talked about a lot as well. Hope that helps.

Edited by BrotherCraig