Carnival Victory Dry Dock - NOT!!!

preciousme123

Thank you to everyone who understands my concerns & why I posted them. I am new to Cruise Critic & didn't realize my bad experience would cause so much drama!!!

In the future I will only post good things - as I don't want to receive the backlash that I did today.

This was my first cruise & I do plan on doing another cruise with Carnival - I want to try the new Vista or maybe the Breeze- maybe if I would have started on either of those ships instead of the Victory I may not have had any of the bad experiences. I don't know. I will have to wait & see.

Some of the stuff caught you off guard, and wasn't correct. Just work out issues with cabin stewards and guest services if they crop up.

As for beetle in salad. That's BAD. Real Bad. And, is surprising that the salad made it all the way to the table without the bug being noticed at time of original prep, dressing, or serving. They did what they could to offset the bad experience, unless there was a steakhouse on board they could have offered you for a meal! You might never eaten in the main dining room again after one comp'd steak house meal! :)

Stuff happens on every ship and on any vacation. Working through the issues is part of the journey. Hope there isn't too many to overwhelm having a great vacation. There are too many people and hundreds of events/things going on simultaneously for things not to happen.

You might consider following up with completing one of their post cruise surveys, as good firm's are always looking to improve service standards.

As far as this board goes. Like most boards it has MANY tyrants, shallow thinkers, prissy whiners, brand fanatics, and mega posters believing they somehow have board entitlements that will nit pick posts to death without contributing anything of true merit to the thread. Just blow them off, and post what and when you want to.

Cruise on.

Which one?? We are in 6434 in a few weeks ;)

That's the one I was in. Don't get me wrong - the view from the balcony was absolutely stunning & the room itself was the perfect size for the 3 of us - maybe a little small but I knew (from what my friends told me) that cabins on cruise ships are not like hotel rooms & are on the small side.

I hope that when you go they resolve the cleaning issue & you have a perfectly spotless room & balcony. I will keep my fingers crossed!!

But I would think twice about the Caesar Salad!!!

Some of the stuff caught you off guard, and wasn't correct. Just work out issues with cabin stewards and guest services if they crop up.

As for beetle in salad. That's BAD. Real Bad. And, is surprising that the salad made it all the way to the table without the bug being noticed at time of original prep, dressing, or serving. They did what they could to offset the bad experience, unless there was a steakhouse on board they could have offered you for a meal! You might never eaten in the main dining room again after one comp'd steak house meal! :)

Stuff happens on every ship and on any vacation. Working through the issues is part of the journey. Hope there isn't too many to overwhelm having a great vacation. There are too many people and hundreds of events/things going on simultaneously for things not to happen.

You might consider following up with completing one of their post cruise surveys, as good firm's are always looking to improve service standards.

As far as this board goes. Like most boards it has MANY tyrants, shallow thinkers, prissy whiners, brand fanatics, and mega posters believing they somehow have board entitlements that will nit pick posts to death without contributing anything of true merit to the thread. Just blow them off, and post what and when you want to.

Cruise on.

Thank you. I am not saying that every other vacation that I have gone on was picture perfect - I have had issues before - in Vegas I bought tickets for a show online & somehow the seats I purchased were double booked - talk about a nightmare!! But - I have never stayed in a hotel room that wasn't clean when I got there. I have stayed in seedy $50 a night hotels in the middle of nowhere - the kind that the furniture is held together by glue & the beds are like sleeping on wooden planks. Even those rooms were clean, dust free & debris free.

I have always heard from my friends & family that take cruises all time that the rooms are beautiful & the food is excellent. I was just disappointed that I didn't experience that on my first cruise.

But that won't deter me from cruising again - I will just choose a different ship!!

I was on this ship last year, Spring Break March 2014 and then again in May. In March, I had a cabin on deck 1 that was really clean! Then, in May, I had a cabin on deck 6 also and it was so gross. My cabin needed a good dusting and a good wipe down. We had dust all over the tv (which took up a lot of room since it was the "old school" TV with the 'butt'...did they get rid of those in the dry dock?) and all over the vanity. I always bring Clorox wipes, so it was nothing I couldn't handle. Magazines were tattered and torn, but it didn't bother me since I don't read them lol

I was on this ship last year, Spring Break March 2014 and then again in May. In March, I had a cabin on deck 1 that was really clean! Then, in May, I had a cabin on deck 6 also and it was so gross. My cabin needed a good dusting and a good wipe down. We had dust all over the tv (which took up a lot of room since it was the "old school" TV with the 'butt'...did they get rid of those in the dry dock?) and all over the vanity. I always bring Clorox wipes, so it was nothing I couldn't handle. Magazines were tattered and torn, but it didn't bother me since I don't read them lol

The "old school" tube TV was still in my room. But - friends of ours had an inside room on Deck 7 & they had a flat screen. My husband thinks that they are waiting for the tube TV's to "die" before they replace them. That is what we did at home before getting a flat screen LOL!!!

Thank you to everyone who understands my concerns & why I posted them. I am new to Cruise Critic & didn't realize my bad experience would cause so much drama!!!

In the future I will only post good things - as I don't want to receive the backlash that I did today.

This was my first cruise & I do plan on doing another cruise with Carnival - I want to try the new Vista or maybe the Breeze- maybe if I would have started on either of those ships instead of the Victory I may not have had any of the bad experiences. I don't know. I will have to wait & see.

Personally speaking, I have no problem with well articulated reviews, good or bad. I know that nothing is ever perfect and something will always go wrong, be unexpected, or is irritating. The "drama" in the OP is what caused the drama here, IMO. What I am saying is don't trying blowing the good or bad out or proportion and there won't be any drama here. If the OP is accurate and not full of drama and hyperbole then there won't be any dramatic responses.

Happy sailings on your future cruises.

The "old school" tube TV was still in my room. But - friends of ours had an inside room on Deck 7 & they had a flat screen. My husband thinks that they are waiting for the tube TV's to "die" before they replace them. That is what we did at home before getting a flat screen LOL!!!

That is exactly the policy for replacing TV's to flat screens. Some are done during refurb and others with a planned replacement over time.