Who owns RCL stock???

ceewest

Hi Carol,

Nope, we're not Jan & Joe in LA, but Jan & Colin in S. Texas.

Have had no problems with the storms this year, thank goodness!

Heading on Summit next week to Mexican Riviera. Where are you going next?

Good luck with the stockholder credit thing! Seems like a really good deal.

Jan

Oops! Too many Jans and all on the same cruise. Of course I remember you and your husband also! How's the cattle business? We're now crossing with a black Angus bull. Sure hated to give up our purebred calves, but needed to have calves that would sell! Cash Cows = Travel Money!

We're going taking the Nov Trans from Barcelona to Galveston - SOS. Lots of lovely sea days.

So glad the storms didn't get up in your area. Mother Nature has been on the warpath.

Carol

I only skimmed the first page, but here's my take on the situation:

I don't know what I would do if I were faced with the choice right now. Fortunately, thanks to this board and threads just like this one, I learned about this stock and the stockholder benefits 3 years ago, and bought then, at about $18 a share. At that price, it has clearly been a worthwhile investment. We have gotten the onboard credit on three cruises, and have three more booked. Add the annual dividend, which is small but steady, and the fact that the stock price is now in the forties, and it was a good move.

Here's a dirty little secret: The first time I used the benefit, instead of applying it as "$100 for the stateroom", they applied it as "$50 per person" IN the stateroom. There are three of us. They gave us $150 credit!!!! (that error hasn't been repeated since. :()

;) :)

Carol

No problem, Carol! (Brahmama) Yep, we're still in the cattle business down here, rockin' along. Another transatlantic for y'all?! That's great! Have you been on Galaxy before? We are doing the partial Panama Canal cruise on her, in April.

Carol (Merion Mom), that was very smart of you to invest 3 years ago! Really lucky about the 150% deal, too!

Wish I knew more about the stock market, and had invested when you did.

Gotta finish packing ... heading for a Summit cruise this week, yay!

Jan

I emailed the shareholder information in at 9:30 this morning. 90 minutes later I had the following response:

A $100 onboard credit has been added to your reservation number xxxxxxx. You will receive the onboard credits when you sail Mariner of the Seas on 5/28/06. Enjoy!

Sincerely,

Tensi Westreicher

Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.

This will be the third time I have received this credit.

Jan,

We sailed the Galaxy Trans from Galveston to Rome in May this year. Had a great time, but you need to be aware that the rooms are smaller than the MIllie and Connie's. Our CC was about 2/3 of the size.

Had a great dining room staff and it's an easy ship to get around on. Have a great cruise on the Summit! We're goin on her in January for the 1st time. So let me know all about your trip.

Tensi,

THanks for posting your experience. We don't have our booking number yet, but as soon as I do, I'm going to do exactly what you did!

Archived