Afternoon Tea?

Synderela

We are doing New England/Canada cruise. It's not a big deal but a friend had done one on a Carnival ship so I thought it might be a possibility for the day we are "At Sea". Not really sure what we are going to do that day besides take a nap! We definitely won't be sitting by the pool sunning and we aren't big gamblers or bingo players.

Surely it does, ;) morning tea, afternoon tea, evening tea, midnight tea - just go to the buffet or O'Sheehan & bring your own tea bag (or, bring your own black tea along) - add water, stir & enjoy. It's a DIY - the buffet usually has a decennt choice of desserts & sweets, fix it up and live it up. :D

BTW, they have tea pots but I'm not sure if you can get them in the buffet.

For those in Haven, surely it's something to be arranged by the butler - show them this just in case ... (from CCL)

We are doing New England/Canada cruise. It's not a big deal but a friend had done one on a Carnival ship so I thought it might be a possibility for the day we are "At Sea". Not really sure what we are going to do that day besides take a nap! We definitely won't be sitting by the pool sunning and we aren't big gamblers or bingo players.

There will be other things to do: Trivia, sometimes golf (we really enjoy the putting contests!), and other game activities. Sometimes there are free demonstrations or dance classes. There are table games to check out at the library. Go look at the artwork and have a glass of champaign, even if you have no intention of buying. Then there are the activities that can cost more such as wine tastings. At sea days are usually quite busy for us and we get to meet many of the passengers by participating in the staff organized activities. Check the Daily. Sea days typically have lots of possibilities.

Edited by drvalo

Thanks! I sure hope so. This our first cruise and I have no clue what to expect. Especially since we will be in a colder climate. All of my friends who have cruised went to tropical locations!

Have a great cruise!!!! You will have a great time I am sure. The Daily for the next day will be left by your steward every night. You will be able to review it and decide what to do (or not do). Honestly, I usually take a highlighter to mark the things we want to do so we don't miss anything.

Also, sign up on your roll call and go to the meet and greet. That's usually the morning of the first sea day. You can meet other passengers and probably some of the crew.

I think we missed out of some of the things to do our first couple of cruises because we didn't know what to do or expect either. Even though we typically cruise to the Caribbean, we are not sit by the pool all day people. That would bore us to death. Now sea days can be some of our favorite days.... fun and relaxing.

Surely it does, ;) morning tea, afternoon tea, evening tea, midnight tea - just go to the buffet or O'Sheehan & bring your own tea bag (or, bring your own black tea along) - add water, stir & enjoy. It's a DIY - the buffet usually has a decennt choice of desserts & sweets, fix it up and live it up. :D

BTW, they have tea pots but I'm not sure if you can get them in the buffet.

For those in Haven, surely it's something to be arranged by the butler - show them this just in case ... (from CCL)

Yeah-----I can do that at home.

We have been on the Dawn, Sun, Jade, Gem, Jewel. At about 3 pm on each one the buffet has scones, jams, cream, mini sandwiches, biscuits, crackers, cheeses. There might only be one station with all of these, but they have been available. There are taken away at 5, and replaced with dinner. :p

The Canada/New England cruise is a very different kind of cruise from a warm weather cruise. It's port intensive, and the weather can vary from warm enough to sunbathe to cold and raw and you don't really use the outside parts too much. The nightlife is pretty much the same except there will be less use of the pool area for evening entertainment.

A warm weather cruise has a weird "time goes away" quality where everything slows down and you're maybe a little more relaxed because it's just warm and kind of dreamy.

I like both kinds of cruises, but if you don't really "get" the whole cruise thing after a cold weather cruise, try to give a warm weather cruise a try at some point in the future. I am not a warm weather person in real life, but there's something about a warm weather cruise that has an extra element of relaxation in it. Your clothes are lighter, you're moving slower, it feels amazing to come inside to air conditioning, etc. Different vibe entirely.