Hamilton to Horseshoe Bay

Sag13

What is the fastest way to get to Horsehoe Bay from Hamilton. Our ship will be docked on Front Street. I don't know if the bus is feasible or would it be better to get a taxi? Does anyone know the distance and what the taxi fare would be. Would we be able to get a bus or taxi on our return to the ship?

Bus is VERY easy. Pick it up a few hundred yards from the dock and get off a few hundred yards from the beach. Bus is clean and efficient and gives you the chance to interact with the very friendly locals.

Sent from my Venue 8 3830 using Forums mobile app

We will be docked at Front Street on the Veendam as well, and I had the same questions. I'm a little worried about the "few hundred yards" as I'll be traveling with someone with limited mobility. Would a private taxi get us closer to the beach?

We will be docked at Front Street on the Veendam as well, and I had the same questions. I'm a little worried about the "few hundred yards" as I'll be traveling with someone with limited mobility. Would a private taxi get us closer to the beach?

Taxi will take you down to or from the parking lot adjacent to the beach, eliminating the walk down (and up) the hill. If you're with someone who has limited mobility it's probably best to go by taxi.

Taxi will take you down to or from the parking lot adjacent to the beach, eliminating the walk down (and up) the hill. If you're with someone who has limited mobility it's probably best to go by taxi.

Thank you - that's very helpful! I'm so glad we are docking at Hamilton - it seems to make getting just about anywhere faster and cheaper and more convenient!

Take the bus, it probably will take you 5 minutes longer then then taking a taxi and it will be a fraction of the price. The bus will let you off "at the top of the hill" of the pathway/road down to the beach itself and a minivan will take you down that pathway/road for $1 and back up for $2 if someone is unable to walk. At least that's what the price was last year. And in Hamilton, I think the distance from the dock to the bus stop is not even "a few hundred yards".

Take the bus, it probably will take you 5 minutes longer then then taking a taxi and it will be a fraction of the price. The bus will let you off "at the top of the hill" of the pathway/road down to the beach itself and a minivan will take you down that pathway/road for $1 and back up for $2 if someone is unable to walk. At least that's what the price was last year. And in Hamilton, I think the distance from the dock to the bus stop is not even "a few hundred yards".

Thanks, we'll be taking taxis though because my solo trip has turned into a "friends cruise" and my friend has limited walking ability - and my understanding is that the taxis can get closer to the actual beach rather than "top of the hill"?

Thanks, we'll be taking taxis though because my solo trip has turned into a "friends cruise" and my friend has limited walking ability - and my understanding is that the taxis can get closer to the actual beach rather than "top of the hill"?

Yes, taxis will take you to the parking lot at the bottom of the hill, which is as close as you can get in a vehicle.

Also, I respectfully disagree with marco about the distance from the ship to the bus stop in Hamilton where you can catch the #7 bus to the beach. It is a bit of a walk. On a return trip from the beach however, the #7 would drop you very close to the pier.

Edited by njhorseman

You can get on the bus whilst it's on it's return trip, right across from the ship. Stay on it, it goes to the "bus station", and just stay on it and go to the beach. Yes, if you have to walk up to the corner to catch the bus on way "to the beach", it's a good walk. But you don't' have to go there to board it. You can get on it where most people get off it when it's on it's return. We've done it and ya' it does add a few minutes but for what a cab would cost, well worth the minimal extra time.

Edited by marco