Cruise Payments booking through Carnival Website?

mjmcgove

I am about to book a cruise for the western Caribbean onboard the breeze. my question is can i make payments after my deposit? I know I owe the total amount 90 days or whatever it is before the cruise, but what i mean is, can i make a payment of say 100 dollars if i wanted to? or do i just have to hold my money until i have the total amount and then pay it in full when i have that amount?

Just a word of caution, be careful when making the payment. There will be an option to pay in full or pay other amount. Others have reported they accidently paid in full. Calls to Carnival rectified the mistake, thankfully.

Just a word of caution, be careful when making the payment. There will be an option to pay in full or pay other amount. Others have reported they accidently paid in full. Calls to Carnival rectified the mistake, thankfully.

Good point, been there done that once, it won't happen again.

another question i had was can i book shore excursions and not pay for it? what i mean is, can that just be added to the total that I owe on whichever day it is? or are shore excursions pay now only?

You can make payments of whatever whenever before final payment date

A few years ago I did a cruise with my sisters. We divided the total cost 3 ways. Each one knew what her share was, made payments online whenever she could. We all got a confirmation email. Worked great.

so if i wanted to, i couldnt book them and pay for them later along with my cruise

No, if booking through Carnival, you pay full price at the time of booking... You can't put "X" amount down to hold your reservation/spot and then pay along.

You can make payments if you choose. I generally book a year out and pay $100 every two weeks.

Just curious, but what is the advantage of paying some every two weeks rather than just holding on to the $100 every 2 weeks and paying it all at once when you get close to final payment due?

The only possible advantage of paying every 2 weeks I can think of is that you're worried you'll accidentally spend the money you have saved up to pay for the cruise on something else, but that doesn't seem too likely.

On the other hand, with interest rates being negligible these days, holding onto your cash longer isn't a big advantage. So there is no real downside to biweekly payments. But saving it up for one payment would avoid the hassle of having to make a payment every 2 weeks.

Edited by Earthworm Jim

Just curious, but what is the advantage of paying some every two weeks rather than just holding on to the $100 every 2 weeks and paying it all at once when you get close to final payment due?

The only possible advantage of paying every 2 weeks I can think of is that you're worried you'll accidentally spend the money you have saved up to pay for the cruise on something else, but that doesn't seem too likely.

On the other hand, with interest rates being negligible these days, holding onto your cash longer isn't a big advantage. So there is no real downside to biweekly payments. But saving it up for one payment would avoid the hassle of having to make a payment every 2 weeks.

This would work too. It's really up to you, as long as you pay in full when the time comes.