Early Saver Rate

pokergirl34

I'm soliciting opinions here. We have booked early saver rate on all but one cruise (booked after final payment). In all of those instances the early saver rate disappeared around 5 month pre cruise as it reads in the T&Cs.

We are booked early saver on our next cruise, which is 3 months away. They still shows the Early Saver Last Call rate on our sailing (and have for the past couple of months).

Does anyone else think this is because the sailing is not selling well?

Of course that is my hope - haha! Our last cruise dropped from $1299 pp to $609 pp by the week before we sailed. It was nice having that much obc.

ES doesn't disappear on cruises that are 5 days and less until 3 months out. Are you booked on a shorter cruise?

Early Saver is available up to 3 months prior to sailing on short cruises (5 days or shorter) and up to 5 months prior to sailing on long cruises (6 days or greater).

ES Last Call is what they do when it is about to disappear.

I asked my Carnival PVP about this last week, and he said that in some cases the ship is not filling up, and in other cases they just decide to keep it going.

He basically told me he could not figure out what the people who set the sales and rates are doing half the time.

I would say take ES, as you know, if you know you are going and the rate drops later you get the money back...

ES doesn't disappear on cruises that are 5 days and less until 3 months out. Are you booked on a shorter cruise?

Early Saver is available up to 3 months prior to sailing on short cruises (5 days or shorter) and up to 5 months prior to sailing on long cruises (6 days or greater).

I have been watching the Glory for September 5 (7 nights). It is still showing ES Last Call. I would like to book it while I am on the Victory on May 16 (16 days from now) to get the $100 OBC, and am afraid ES will be gone and the price will rise before then. Anybody have any theories?

I have been watching the Glory for September 5 (7 nights). It is still showing ES Last Call. I would like to book it while I am on the Victory on May 16 (16 days from now) to get the $100 OBC, and am afraid ES will be gone and the price will rise before then. Anybody have any theories?

Have you contacted Carnival and asked them this question? They would probably be the best place to start. If you have a PVP, ask that person.

We are booked on an 8 night cruise. My apologies, I should've mentioned that.

I asked my Carnival PVP about this last week, and he said that in some cases the ship is not filling up, and in other cases they just decide to keep it going.

He basically told me he could not figure out what the people who set the sales and rates are doing half the time.

I would say take ES, as you know, if you know you are going and the rate drops later you get the money back...

Thanks so much! We are already booked early saver. I appreciate the information from your PVP. I guess I will have to be patient!

Thanks everyone for the responses!

On my last cruise an ES rate appeared after final payment. We are its at the 92, or so day mark now, and ES Last Call has been showing for months, or at least since February. I have been trying to snag a FTTF on my cruise, and when speaking to Carnival reps. about this and other things, they tell me its not a lot of Platinum and Diamond onboard, so maybe thats who they are gearing the ES Last Call rate to. Also, with the suite sale last week, some categories of suite dropped $400 dollars, which I assume was also geared towards higher level cruisers.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...