cavetubing. Belize

dramaqueenjan

We are booked through cavetubing bz.com .Any experience with this company ? How long was the ride and hike ? TIA

We used Jaguar paw resort. It was great- but I don't think they do transport to and from the ships anymore. It was about an hours ride and we hiked a little ways... It wasn't a bad hike though. Just a walk through the jungle.

• 1 month later...

They are very nice. Their lunch is good. 45 min like the others said. The jungle walk took about 30 minutes I would say. depends on the speed of the group. I loved seeing the amazing plants in the jungle along our walk, it was the best part for me. I did not enjoy the tour for the most part. Starting to think all the good reviews that seem incredible are because they tell you over and over that they do not advertise and it's the only way they keep their livelihood-by customer reviews online.

Cave Tubing with Vitalino Reyes was amazing and we had a fantastic time in Belize! The bus ride takes about an hour to get to the drop-off point and it takes another 30 to 45 minutes to reach the point where you enter the caves, which is well worth the trek.

We booked "butts up" through cave-tubing.com for 23 June . Reviews seem very good and email response was good too. Priced at least half of even cruise excursions.com who are meant to be half the price of the cruise ship excursions.

They are very nice. Their lunch is good. 45 min like the others said. The jungle walk took about 30 minutes I would say. depends on the speed of the group. I loved seeing the amazing plants in the jungle along our walk, it was the best part for me. I did not enjoy the tour for the most part. Starting to think all the good reviews that seem incredible are because they tell you over and over that they do not advertise and it's the only way they keep their livelihood-by customer reviews online.

Can you be specific about what you did not enjoy? Did it just not live up to your expectation? Did you think it was over-rated or boring? Were the guides not good? Was the food bad?

I do think reviews often have confirmation bias- people don't want to admit they picked a bad excursion...but if you didn't like it, it is helpful to say why to inform other people's decisions.

I've used them twice in the last 6 months, once for just tubing and once for tubing and zip lining combo. Had a great experience both times and I've also done tubing through a RCI excursion so I can compare and would definitely recommend them over a ship excursion. Both times we had 12 people or less in our van compared to the big buses with the cruise lines. Our groups in the actual caves were smaller than the other groups and our guides could move us around the big groups so we could enjoy the caves without the crowds.

The meal is fantastic and they really treat you like you are a visiting family member. There's also free wifi at lunch so take advantage of that!

I've used them twice in the last 6 months, once for just tubing and once for tubing and zip lining combo. Had a great experience both times and I've also done tubing through a RCI excursion so I can compare and would definitely recommend them over a ship excursion. Both times we had 12 people or less in our van compared to the big buses with the cruise lines. Our groups in the actual caves were smaller than the other groups and our guides could move us around the big groups so we could enjoy the caves without the crowds.

The meal is fantastic and they really treat you like you are a visiting family member. There's also free wifi at lunch so take advantage of that!

When you did the zip line and cave tubing combo, did you feel like you had plenty of time. I'm just worried doing both we will be rushed. Thanks in advance!

Didn't feel rushed at all. We did the zip lining first and then went to the caves for the tubing and ended the day with lunch. The lunch was chicken and rice/beans and they offered us seconds on the lunch. We were hungry at that point after all that physical activity!

• 3 weeks later...

One of the best excursions we've done. Would not have enjoyed Belize had we not fiound this excursion. Our bus kept having stops to fix something in the engine but all on time and great experience . We paid $135 for two of us to do zip line , cave tubing and lunch too.

• 2 weeks later...

We also had a great time with BZ--booked a combo tour that included the Altun Ha ruins and cave tubing. We had an excellent guide--very friendly and knowledgeable about the history of the area. Lunch was great--everyone was offered seconds. We were back to the pier with lots of time to spare. I would not hesitate to book with them again.

We also had a great time with BZ--booked a combo tour that included the Altun Ha ruins and cave tubing. We had an excellent guide--very friendly and knowledgeable about the history of the area. Lunch was great--everyone was offered seconds. We were back to the pier with lots of time to spare. I would not hesitate to book with them again.

Thank you for posting this! I am booked for cavetubing and Altun Ha in early August and have been very worried about whether or not we would make it back on time. I keep reading posts saying this combination isn't possible. Good to hear from someone who has actually done it recently.